Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyShareConnect alert need SMB2 in Windows 10 when connect to USB of Nighthawk D7000v2

Jacklondon_Chen
Aspirant

ReadyShareConnect alert need SMB2 in Windows 10 when connect to USB of Nighthawk D7000v2

ReadyShareConnect alert need SMB2 in Windows 10 when connect to USB of Nighthawk D7000v2.

It said the USB share is in SMB1 and too old, Windows 10 only use SMB2.

20180607-netgear-cannot-connect-share.png

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
IrvSp
Master

Re: ReadyShareConnect alert need SMB2 in Windows 10 when connect to USB of Nighthawk D7000v2

This is a 'known' problem. Requires SMB1 Client to enable in the Control Panel, Programs and Features, Turn on or off Windows Features, open the + on SMB 1 and enable client will 'fix' this. That however can be a security risk if you've NOT been up to day on your Security Suite/Antivirus program.

I have an OPEN case on the for the R7000 and R8000 and I did mention other routers possibly have this problem.

That said, the R8000 is running SMB3 (SMB2 backwards compatible) and I suspect the R7000 is as well. However that probably isn't enough, more changes are needed. That case was opened on 3/30 of this year. I can NO LONGER contact support (as many others can not either) due to the MY SUPPORT page being broken for months. I'm out of my 90 day windows so I can't call (they call you back if you s/n is still in call/e-mail support). I tried using the RMA link, got a new case number for asking for status on the old case, and never got an answer. Reached out to a Moderator here to have them 'ask' which they did, no answer...

All you can do at this point is enable SMB1, until a new firmware comes out saying that was take care of and then disable SMB1.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7