Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Replacing Belong broadband modem with D6200 AC1200

barry_himself
Aspirant

Replacing Belong broadband modem with D6200 AC1200

Hi folks

New to the aftermarket modem world but fed up of cheap, slow isp provided modems and thought I'd try a Netgear one. Its proving not so easy to set up and replace an existing Sagem F@st 4315 on the Belong network. In a 10 year old building that's had NBN for over a year and the existing modem works ok but having over 10 devices connected, doesnt work great now. Tried to connect brand new Netgear D6200 from "The Good Guys" using auto settings but to no avail. Pulled out the existing modem, plugged in the Netgear unit, power and the DSL exactly as existing.Got onto the Netgear Genie system, went for "Other" isp (as Belong not there) and told there's a problem. 

Reading various stories all over internet, some say it may be incompatible but wondering if anyone managed to get it working and if so, how?

Thanks,

Model: D6200v2|AC1200 WiFi DSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
barry_himself
Aspirant

Re: Replacing Belong broadband modem with D6200 AC1200

Hi folks

Thanks for the comments but I managed to solve the problem by selecting Telstra as Belong isn't on the list

As for the equipment, I'm in a relatively new apartment 10 mins from Sydney CBD and internet speed and reliability is that of a 3rd world but perfect for my needs

New box can connect over 10 devices and seems to be working ok for now...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies

NBN lives in a world of its own. Just search this forum and you will find lots of people reporting issues with this technology.

One problem is that NBN comes in different flavours, so there is no single answer.

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

If you haven't tried it already, here is a forum search on "D6200 NBN".

Search results

Message 2 of 4
barry_himself
Aspirant

Hi folks

Thanks for the comments but I managed to solve the problem by selecting Telstra as Belong isn't on the list

As for the equipment, I'm in a relatively new apartment 10 mins from Sydney CBD and internet speed and reliability is that of a 3rd world but perfect for my needs

New box can connect over 10 devices and seems to be working ok for now...

Message 3 of 4

@Case850 wrote:

The D6200 is old, very old, not something you would NOT buy in 2017 to improve your wi-fi performance.

The D6200 dates from 2014. You can still buy it, and Netgear still supports it. It is not "very very old".

The question was not about wifi but about connecting the D6200 to DSL.

You have no idea what else @barry_himself has or his wifi needs. He may use the D6200 to feed a shiny new router. Here I am using a D6400 to feed a Netgear R7800 router.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7