Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router/ Modem combo HELP!!!

foolishGirl81
Aspirant

Router/ Modem combo HELP!!!

I'm looking to update my old router/ modem combo and I need some help figuring out what will work best with my Arlo security cameras. I am not tech savvy at all and there are so many different choices I don't even know where to start. Can someone tell me what to buy LOL I think I've researched everything on the market and I'm still nowhere and my cameras are still in the box 😂🤣 I have internet service through spectrum and recently canceled my cable so I stream everything.
Message 1 of 2

Re: Router/ Modem combo HELP!!!

@foolishGirl81 wrote:
I'm looking to update my old router/ modem combo ....

Why? What hardware do you have now? And what do you want to do that you can't now?

Start with what you want the new setup to do and go from there.

...I need some help figuring out what will work best with my Arlo security cameras.

An Aro system needs nothing special, It will work with just about any router you throw it at. All it needs is an Internet connection and an Ethernet LAN port to plug into.

The Arlo's "hub" does all of the wifi stuff with cameras.

You say you want a Router/ Modem combo. That raises an immediate question, what sort of Internet? Cable? DSL? Fibre?

Each needs a different front end.

Experienced users often go for separate boxes. They buy a modem to connect to the Internet. Then they buy a router to plug into that. This gives them a much wider choice of router features.

They can also change their Internet technology, from cable to fibre for example, without having to replace the whole lot. Just change the modem.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7