Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router Settings Disabled in AP/bridge mode

dshay
Follower

Router Settings Disabled in AP/bridge mode

Hi all,

I have tried everything from logging in through the IP to trying the routerlogin.net, to resetting the router, but somehow it does not want to access the router settings.  Whenever I try to access it, the system looks like it is hanging.  When it does an autosetup, it stops at the gateway and say gateway incorrect.  My question is how can I access the settings, and get the router out of bridge mode?  Or is the issue with the gateway?  It was previously set to work with a different router, but now I need it to work on its own.  How can I reset the factory defaults without accessing routerlogin.net?

Thanks,

dshay

Model: D6100|AC1200 Wifi DSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Router Settings Disabled in AP/bridge mode

You can reset the device back to factory by holding the reset button on the back for 7-10 seconds.  Probably the fastest easiest route.  Its page 153 of the manual.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/D6100.aspx

After resetting, I'd make sure to update your firmware (if it isn't) to the 1.0.0.63. do it over a hardwired connect, reset the device again after the update, and then redo your setup. this will give you the best results. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Router Settings Disabled in AP/bridge mode

You can reset the device back to factory by holding the reset button on the back for 7-10 seconds.  Probably the fastest easiest route.  Its page 153 of the manual.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/D6100.aspx

After resetting, I'd make sure to update your firmware (if it isn't) to the 1.0.0.63. do it over a hardwired connect, reset the device again after the update, and then redo your setup. this will give you the best results. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7