Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router homepage - unable to connect but can on other devices.

l_komninos
Tutor

Router homepage - unable to connect but can on other devices.

Router homepage problem DGN2200 Problem loaging page have tried firefox, chrome, edge, internet explorer.

Have just bought router as talktalk router caused many problems. Setting up was awkward as could not setup via wifi from my desktop! and still cant. Can connect using 'routerlogin.com' & '192.168.0.1' from every other device though!!

Toshiba laptop

Very old Dell laptop

Sony xperia z3+

Sony xperia z3 Compact

all fine and can connect and change settings.

But the one device i want it on and i get this:

netqueer.JPG

I have flushed dns and renewed ip. Have turned off Kaspersky totally. shut down other programs.

Installed Netgear Genie and then get this:

netbuggered.JPG

However can connect to internet fine.

Please tell me what i'm doing wrong.

And yes as IT Crowd's Moss says ' Have you switch it off and on again' Yes, and it is also plugged in!!

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: Router homepage - unable to connect but can on other devices.

You may have to completely uninstall Kaspersky. That's what some others have had to do in order to access their routers.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Kaspersky seems to cause a lot of problems with router access. I did a quick search and there is a component called Kaspersky Anti-Virus NDIS Filter. It may still be functioning. Try disabling it (Google fire instructions), then log into the router.
Message 2 of 8
l_komninos
Tutor

Tried it, and rebooted, checked that it wasn't there, disabled kaspersky totally, and same thing.

Odd thing is that i Setup the Toshiba laptop the same as the desktop, both with windows 10 Pro, and both with the same version of Kaspersky. one is okay other not.

Could be some silly NIC problem, will run driver genius and check again.

Message 3 of 8
TheEther
Guru

You may have to completely uninstall Kaspersky. That's what some others have had to do in order to access their routers.
Message 4 of 8
VE6CGX
Master

If you are unable to ping the router, that is the problem. Find out the cause why.

Message 5 of 8
l_komninos
Tutor

Once I removed kaspersky totally, I can now get router homepage. Must be a setting within kaspersky. Basically didn't like me changing the default gateway. Stroppy. I'm sure that when I do a fresh clean install with this router, it shalln't be a issue. Thanks.
Still odd that it was okay on all other devices though. :-?
Message 6 of 8
VE6CGX
Master

There must be a provision to make router ip address an exception. Have you looked into it?

Message 7 of 8
l_komninos
Tutor

With previous versions of Kaspersky, when i change my router it asks me about the default home network. This version I looked for the needle in a haystack of options and failed. I will try to re-install it and see if it beds-down around this router!!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7