Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router losing connection daily.

My05stang
Aspirant

Router losing connection daily.

hello.   Im with Centurylink and recently replaced a Actiontec M1000 that i had to power cycle every few days because it would loose connection.  So i figured it was old and went out to buy a new one a few months back.  I bought a D6200 and recently I have noticed I am starting to have to power cycle it in the morning when i get to work.   The DLS light will be green but the Internet light will be Red.   When i turn it off then back on it comes back up and stays connected all day.  But from the time i leave to the time i get in to work in the morning something happens and it looses connection.  It seems related to being idle,   

My set up has a DSL POTS filter in the NID and has a dedicated line directly to the modem.   For the most parts its not a big deal but I have a CCTV dvr that i would like to see remotely and when the modem is off line thats tough to do.

I also have a email into centurylink but Im sure they are going to want to blame equipment.  Which I kind of get to a point because in my mind myt fancy new modem should be smart enough that if it did loose DLS connection for a few mins for what ever reason, as soon as it gets DSL back It should be able to reconnect on it own, shouldn't it?

thanks for the help.  Also just apdated to V1.1.00.17_1.00.17 yesterday but still off line this morning 

-

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Router losing connection daily.

Hello my05stang

SInce you said you have had similar disconnects with 2 modems have you tried using another filter or trying to plug your modem into another outlet in the home to see if that outlet could be the issue with the connection dropping. Also I would check your MTU size and make sure its set the the right rate for centurlink.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
My05stang
Aspirant

Re: Router losing connection daily.

thank you for the response,  sorry in the delay with mine I have been off a few days.  

I have tried a different jack, cord, and filters. That's when i decided to run a dedicated line from the Phone box on the side of the building to the modem and filtering it in that box but that didn't help at all.   

I looked at the MTU setting and after a little google searching and pinging i found out that it is set to the proper setting of 1492.  

thanks

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7