Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Samsung 7500 smart tv to wireless n900 router

Bobps47
Aspirant

Samsung 7500 smart tv to wireless n900 router

My samsung 7500 smart tv doesn't see my new netgear n900 wireless router....never had a problem with my old belkin n600 router...my printers connect ok, my smartphone too, but not my tv.....what am i doint wrong.....
Message 1 of 9
VE6CGX
Master

Re: Samsung 7500 smart tv to wireless n900 router

You mean your TV is unable to see the SSID? You'll have to set up the TV again since you replaced the router.

Message 2 of 9
Bobps47
Aspirant

And how do i do that....please explain.....talked to samsung rep, they walked me through a whole bunch of stuff from resetting tv to changing encription to WPA2 TKIP.....had me change DNS to 8.8.8.8 which did nothing....like i said, i have a complete camera security system , my laptop, tablet, and smartphone all working fine on my new netgear wireless .......at wits end, really frustrating........
Message 3 of 9
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Bobps47 Imagine your TV just like connecting your tablet or your laptop to the wireless network.

Do you see the wireless name that your router is broadcasting for you to connect to the Internet?

If yes, just go ahead and connect to it and input the wireless security if you have it enabled.

If you're not able to connect, then it could be a distance problem or interference.

If that's the case then you may want to relocate the location of the TV to have a better signal.

Message 4 of 9
Bobps47
Aspirant

I have 4 security cameras,my samsung s5 phone, my samsung note 10.1 tablet, a samsung laser printer, a canon inkjet printer, and a hp laptop that are all on my network with no problem....for some reason my 7500 samsung doesnt see the netgear router......
Message 5 of 9
VE6CGX
Master

You mean TV is unable to detect the SSID? Is TV  dual band capable? On remote chance TV is too far from router?

Message 6 of 9
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Try to make the TV closer to the router.

If it still the same, get more assistance from Samsung.

Have them realize that your network is ok except for the TV.

Message 7 of 9
Bobps47
Aspirant

Its like directly oppisite the same wall....tv in living room, and other side of wall is computer room ..16 feet max......
Message 8 of 9
VE6CGX
Master

If the TV WiFi is definitely enabled, only way to prove is moving the TV set or router closer each other to test the theory. Aother question is did it work in the past? 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7