Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Samsung TVs connect Wirelessly to D6200v2 router/modem but not to Internet. Other devices do

BigBob57
Follower

Samsung TVs connect Wirelessly to D6200v2 router/modem but not to Internet. Other devices do

I have two Samsung smart TVs that worked fine with my old DGN2000 modem router.  I installed a D6200 modem router when the dgn2000 finally died.  Running network setup on both TVs connects them to network wirelessly but reports that they can't connect to the Internet.  I have iPhones, iPad, and kindle tablets that all connect wirelessly to Internet via same D62000.  I can see the TVs when running NETGEAR Genie on a connected Windows 10 PC.  Upgraded to latest firmware (*******20) with no help.  Any help/advice is appreciated.

Model: D6200v2|AC1200 WiFi DSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Samsung TVs connect Wirelessly to D6200v2 router/modem but not to Internet. Other devices do

Hello BigBob57

Did you happen to name the SSID the exact same as the last modem it could be some issue with the tvs thinking its the old wireless if you did do that. Also I would make sure your are using WPA2 security.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Hottybob57
Aspirant

Thanks For the feedback Darren.  The SSID was updated to the new router settings and the security settings are as you suggested.  As I mentioned before, the TVs had no problem connecting to my wireless home network. They just wouldn't see the internet.  I can't explain why, but I was finally able to connect to the internet by creating and using a new 2.4 GHz guest network for one TV and a separate 5GHz network for the other TV.  I'm not going to argue with the success but it would be nice to understand why?????  

All of my phones, kindles, iPad, etc. still connect to the internet using the original 2.4GHz wireless connection to the D6200.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7