Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Setup issue

Jasonolga
Aspirant

Setup issue

When I try a first setup the dsl with filter is connected and the router boots up it won’t connect to the internet the symbol is solid amber and the sync twisted cable symbol is flashing green I use the app to troubleshoot and it says no dsl cable is connected but it is I’ve tried resetting the router with no luck any advice in layman’s terms please as I’m not that tech savvy I’m with SSE broadband
Model: DGND4000|N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: Setup issue

@Jasonolga wrote:
When I try a first setup the dsl with filter is connected and the router boots up it won’t connect to the internet the symbol is solid amber and the sync twisted cable symbol is flashing green I use the app to troubleshoot and it says no dsl cable is connected but it is I’ve tried resetting the router with no luck any advice in layman’s terms please as I’m not that tech savvy I’m with SSE broadband

The DGND4000 listed in your footer is an old (2012/13) DSL modem router.

Netgear's manual says ADSL2+. That's old technology. Newer DSL is VDSL. Do you know that this thing is compatible with your Internet service?

SSE is a UK thing. Last time I looked, ADSL was dead here. BT, which hosts most third party Internet services, abandoned ADSL a while back.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
w3wilkes
Prodigy

The filter goes on any phones that you have. Do not put the filter on the connection to the modem/router.

Message 2 of 4

@Jasonolga wrote:

The DGND4000 listed in your footer is an old (2012/13) DSL modem router.

Netgear's manual says ADSL2+. That's old technology. Newer DSL is VDSL. Do you know that this thing is compatible with your Internet service?

SSE is a UK thing. Last time I looked, ADSL was dead here. BT, which hosts most third party Internet services, abandoned ADSL a while back.

Message 3 of 4
Jasonolga
Aspirant

Thanks for the info 👍
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements