Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow internet speed on only one wired connection

ChemE_205
Aspirant

Slow internet speed on only one wired connection

Hi all, stuck with a problem I just can't figure out.

Only one wired computer connection on my router is slow. I should be getting about 50mbps, it gets 10. I checked the three other computers wired to the router and they get 50mbps. When I bypass the router and plug directly into the modem I get 50mbps as I should. Router is a WNDR3700, firmware V 1.0.7.98NA. I've done the typical turn-off moden router, wait, plug back in, etc to no avail. Any suggestions? 

Model: WNDR3700|N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3

Re: Slow internet speed on only one wired connection

You could try the newer firmware:

WNDR3700v1 | N600 WiFi Router | NETGEAR Support

But you are talking about a seriously old (2009) router here.

@ChemE_205 wrote:

Only one wired computer connection on my router is slow.

That usually suggests that it is a computer issue rather than the router.

Does it change if you swap the LAN connections on the back?

Message 2 of 3
ChemE_205
Aspirant

Re: Slow internet speed on only one wired connection

Thanks for the reply,

I guess I didn't realize how old it was. I'll have to think about upgrading it sometime soon. Until then, trying to narrow it down.

I updated the router, restarted it, and even restored the defauly settings. Still same problem, mine is the only PC getting slow internet.

I changed ports and even changed cables running to my machine. Same deal. I check my lan driver and it is up to date (even though it's an old-ish mobo, Asrock Extreme 9). 

What seems odd to me is when I plug my machine directly into the modem I get the full speed. Also, the last internet source my machine was plugged into I was getting the full speed as I should. That's why I can't tell if it's mine or the router.

Yesterday, while on the old firmware version, I reset to factory settings and then re-uploaded my preveious configuration. That somehow got me the full speed. That only lasteda little while I guess. Upon checking this morning it was back to the same situation. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7