Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Slow sync D6300 compared to Competitors router.

Chad7502
Aspirant

Slow sync D6300 compared to Competitors router.

Mornig Guys/Gals,

Im having an issue getting my D6300 to sync anywhere near the speed of a competitors router that was built in the early 90's. Ive tried everything I can think of to get it up.

D6300

Connecting as LLC- Based 8/35 Adsl 2+

Firmware 1.0.0.102

Connection PPPoE

Connection speed 4530 D 940kbps U

Line Attenuation 79.5 D 25.3 U

Noise Margin 6.1db D 7.8db U

Dynamic IP Auto DNS Enable NAT

QoS off, UpnP off, Ipv6 off

Actual Download 4.3 Mbps 0.81 Mbps

Upload is close to max but download is Half to 40% of Max

Rivals router

Connected as ADSL(doesnt stipulate 1/2/2+) 8/35

Connection PPPoE

AUthentication CHap(auto)

ATM Class UBR

Nat Enabled

AUto ipv6 DNS and auto DNS

Connect mode All (has adsl M2 > ADSL1>ADSL2>ADSL2+)

No QoS

Connection Speed 12680700 D 940800 D

Line Attenuation 44.0 D 23.5 U

Noise Margin 6.2db D 8.0db U

AnnexA Interleaved

Actuall Download 10.39 Mbps Upload 0.75Mbps

Have reached upto 12 Mbps 0.83 Mbps closer to midnight.

Test performed with same cables , time and connections and lines isolated from fax/phones etc. Router was reset to oem and details renetered.

At first I thought maybe QoS was on and locking half the bandwidth for other services but with it off Im confused. The fact the uploads are the same for each device but download is gimped for Netgear is odd.

Any idea why the netgear router is slow to download guys? and Thankyou for reading and helping.

Regards, Chad

Model: D6300|Dual Band 11ac ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Chad7502
Aspirant

Ok I tried that and connecting direct to house main phone port. Nothing changed so I took a punt and opened it up it was either hardware or software. Its like 10 years old so no warranty.

I found one little resistor next to the power inlet that has popped. Either c20 or c3 (its pretty tight packed in there).

So looks like its rubbish sadly however I do give cudos to Netgear for making a router that even when its fried its still pumping out 40% of a connection and thankyou Case850 for helping work through the troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
Chad7502
Aspirant

There is no obvious reason why.

Same cables to router and to computer. Both sitting next to me.

Checked power pack is right one. 12V 5 Amp output

The rival is full of rust maybe that helps. 🙂

Message 2 of 6
Chad7502
Aspirant

Australia so using the New Driver 1.0.0.102 All regions but NA and Germany. This issue has been around for awhile though.

Message 3 of 6
Chad7502
Aspirant

Yeah 1.9km form exchange 5-6 by road path (used to do underground cabling detection so I know the route). This however should affect both routers but onnly one is affected.

Message 4 of 6
Chad7502
Aspirant

Ok I tried that and connecting direct to house main phone port. Nothing changed so I took a punt and opened it up it was either hardware or software. Its like 10 years old so no warranty.

I found one little resistor next to the power inlet that has popped. Either c20 or c3 (its pretty tight packed in there).

So looks like its rubbish sadly however I do give cudos to Netgear for making a router that even when its fried its still pumping out 40% of a connection and thankyou Case850 for helping work through the troubleshooting.

Message 5 of 6
Chad7502
Aspirant

Its very tight in there plus its not through holes and I have no info what resistance it is.D6300_Broke.jpg

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7