Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: This Serial number has already been registered in our system by a support representative.

mbashevoy
Aspirant

This Serial number has already been registered in our system by a support representative.

D7000 keeps freezing, tried 4 latest firmware versions, nothing in the logs (pushed to rsyslog server). Wireless access mode (without the modem bit) freezes the router instantly. Tried registering to ask for support, get "This Serial number has already been registered in our system by a support representative" message, can't create a support ticket without it. How do I "Contact support"? Is there a "Live chat" people mentioned?

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: This Serial number has already been registered in our system by a support representative.

Hello mbashevoy

Can you private message me your name and the serial number of the device I will try and find out why its been registered. Also you bought this device new and not second hand correct?

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello mbashevoy

Can you private message me your name and the serial number of the device I will try and find out why its been registered. Also you bought this device new and not second hand correct?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
mbashevoy
Aspirant

Hi DarrenM,

Thank you for your message. Unfortunately, I have exchanged the router already. The company I bought the first one from confirmed it was new and they never registered its serial number. The new one (from amazon) registered without an issue.

Surely there is a better way to deal with the "This Serial number has already been registered in our system by a support representative" issue than posting on a public forum and waiting for a moderator to reply?

Message 3 of 5

This discussion goes a bit further into this common complaint:

How do you contact support if you cannot register ... - NETGEAR Communities

Message 4 of 5
mbashevoy
Aspirant

I see. I get "Invalid serial number" for the router I originally tried to get support from and the support stops there, unless you managed to find the link you posted above and see that is an email that might help: customer.service@netgear.com. Maybe suggest that email automatically on the contactus form so that people don't get stuck and frustrated?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7