Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Tried to upgrade firmware wirelessly...HELP!!

boofhead
Novice

Tried to upgrade firmware wirelessly...HELP!!

Hi Folks, I have a DGND3700v2, N600 wireless dual band, and I tried to update the firmware wirelessly, via the Genie interface, having no idea what damage this would do.

Is there any easy way I can get this unit working again, I’m not very good with this sort of thing (obviously), and each forum fix I looked at requires something I don’t have like ISP number or even date of purchase (I’ve just moved and would pay for a new unit rather than look for the receipt at the moment).

After the unit stopped working, the only functioning light was the red power, I tried pressing the reset button and now the red power & green internet lights are both flashing…. No idea what I’m doing here.

It’s infuriating that actually attempting to enhance your connectivity program, via the very same program could so easily lead to ruining the program. Perhaps if the Netgear Genie is so smart it might like to detect the fact that I AM wirelessly connected and advise me NOT to proceed with the firmware update?....too much to expect?*sob*

...anyways, any help resurrecting this router would be greatly appreciated,

regards

John

Message 1 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Tried to upgrade firmware wirelessly...HELP!!

red power & green internet lights are both flashing

firmware corruption.. You have brick the unit by upgrading the firmware via wireless

Try tftp. http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22688

If this does not work most likely you will need to buy new router unless this warranty unit call support
Message 2 of 8
boofhead
Novice

thanks jmizoguchi, I couldn't get that to work, so looks like I'll buy another...what a crap update system that can do that for you.
Message 3 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Remember never flash firmware using wireless. Always wired to router

Router automatic upgrade may not suffer over manually upgrade yet practice on wired to the router never fails:)

Also automatic feature in router GUI can download corrupted files too some occasion
Message 4 of 8
boofhead
Novice

"Remember never flash firmware using wireless. Always wired to router"

don't worry jmizoguchi, having learned the $hard$ way, I won't forget!

thanks again mate.
Message 5 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

You are welcome. Good luck with next one.
Message 6 of 8
pendaws
Aspirant

Maybe next time get a better router.
Message 7 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Makes no difference when you flash firmware using wireless pc. That is you main issues so you can buy other router or better and still can be same outcome 😄
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7