Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Twonky Server not broadcasting over D7000v2 Wireless

NoJaysLeft
Aspirant

Twonky Server not broadcasting over D7000v2 Wireless

Just upgraded to a D7000v2 Modem/Router, previously had a Huwaei HG569.

Since upgrading I can no longer see my Twonky media server on my QNAP NAS over Wi-Fi.  Not working over both 5ghz and 2.4ghz channels (tested via a Samsung TV, and Hisense TV, Samsung Tablet and Windows 10 laptop).

Works fine when I use a wired connection direct to the TV, but I need this to be available over wirless to get to the other TVs and devices around the home.

QNAP NAS is configured using Port Trunking (802.3ad) and connected to a Netgear GS108 switch which then connects to the D7000v2 Modem/Router.

On the D7000v2 I have already disabled ReadyShare Media Server and have tried disabling WMM, and Implicit Beamforming in case they were causing the issue.  But no luck.

I have also reconnected the old Huwaei router and an old Netgear EX6000 extender, and it works perfectly everytime, which points the finger squarely at the D7000v2 router being the root cause. Please help.  I have invested considerably in this gear to get up and running and am very disappointed at Netgear if a modern router such as this would be causing the problem.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Twonky Server not broadcasting over D7000v2 Wireless

You'll want to post this here since you have a DSL modem/router:

home-dsl-modems-routers

@NoJaysLeftwrote:

Just upgraded to a D7000v2 Modem/Router, previously had a Huwaei HG569.

Since upgrading I can no longer see my Twonky media server on my QNAP NAS over Wi-Fi.  Not working over both 5ghz and 2.4ghz channels (tested via a Samsung TV, and Hisense TV, Samsung Tablet and Windows 10 laptop).

Works fine when I use a wired connection direct to the TV, but I need this to be available over wirless to get to the other TVs and devices around the home.

QNAP NAS is configured using Port Trunking (802.3ad) and connected to a Netgear GS108 switch which then connects to the D7000v2 Modem/Router.

On the D7000v2 I have already disabled ReadyShare Media Server and have tried disabling WMM, and Implicit Beamforming in case they were causing the issue.  But no luck.

I have also reconnected the old Huwaei router and an old Netgear EX6000 extender, and it works perfectly everytime, which points the finger squarely at the D7000v2 router being the root cause. Please help.  I have invested considerably in this gear to get up and running and am very disappointed at Netgear if a modern router such as this would be causing the problem.

Message 2 of 3
NoJaysLeft
Aspirant

Re: Twonky Server not broadcasting over D7000v2 Wireless

Thanks @Case850

Already did all of that.  WMM and Beamforing were enabled by default. I disabled then to see if this was causing the problem, but did not fix the issue.

uPnP was enabled by default.  Nothing showed up in the uPnP table for my DLNA server, even after several reboots (although this is a modem model so uPnP wouldn't be relevant on an internal network).

I tried port trunking in several modes.  Balance tlb is the mode preferred on the GS switch, but I cycled through all of them, plus tried to plug this in via the router (in serveral modes) and isolated the NAS down to a single unbalanced port, but still not response.

Was very strange that SMB worked fine, but just DLNA would not show over wi-fi.

After a very poor quality support call with Netgear support, I returned the modem router and switched to a TP-LINK version.  Plugged that in and after a few short minutes configuring it, everything just worked out of the box.  I didn't need to spend 5 days troubleshooting or talking to support or trying to "ask the community" as Netgear suggest you should do all the time.

I have resolved now to remove al Netgear devices from my home/office environment.  Don't see why I should support a brand that (for the second time in the past 4 years) have left me high and dry in terms of being able to do the most basic things any networking product should be able to do (ie transmit all port traffic over a wi-fi link).

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7