Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: USB Control Center not connecting for windows 10 computers

Tom4x4
Tutor

USB Control Center not connecting for windows 10 computers

USB Control Center doesn't work 

I did manage to install it on two windows 10 laptops but it was intermitted but worked.  but then it stopped working 

App launches but does not discover     the boxes at bottom of menu aren't active, router and USB control center are at latest current version

The app looks like something I would have built in collage shortly after my "hello world" 20 years ago

Are Netgear going to develop something that is both current and works.  

It is not being blocked by firewall as I disabled firewall.    I'm feed up uninstalling and reinstalling this horrible app that doesn't work.

Readyshare works for USB hard drive but can't see printer      USB control center is a joke that isn't funny 

is there any 3rd party app that can be used instead 

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Tom4x4
Tutor

No solution !    Netgear USB control center is just rubbish Man Sad

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies

What hardware are we talking about here?

You may have given the forum this information, but it has not passed it on to the rest of us.

Message 2 of 6
Tom4x4
Tutor

r7000  nighthawk 

But thanks for the reply reviewing these threads it is a very common problem across all the netgear models so I'm not sure how relevent the router is when it buggy app. I might return the router and buy something else as I have only bought it a few weeks ago 

Message 3 of 6

What "app" are we talking about here. Desktop app, Android/iThing app? Netgear calls them all genie.

It is usually easier to set things up using the web browser.

Feel free to take it back, the choice is yours, but many people manage to get things to work. It just takes a bit of troubleshooting, and perseverance.

Users shouldn't have to play games like that, but I have yet to come across anyone who makes faultless hardware, so you can't guarantee that all will go well with a different router.

Many of us manage to persuade printers to work with Readyshare. I even managed it with wifi.

Oh, and you don't say if you have updated to the latest firmware for your R7000. That is always a good first  move.

Message 4 of 6
Tom4x4
Tutor

App is the "Netgear USB Control Center"  at latest Version 1.36  Driver 1.83.0  

Router is Nighthawk R7000   at latest Version firmware V1.0.7.12_1.2.5  

Reayshare will see USB attached hard drive but not printer,    Windows file explorer can also see USB attached hard-drive but not printer 

Netgeat USB control centre launches but "connect" "disconnect" and "network discovery" buttons are greyed out and do not function 

Uninstalling reinstalling doesn't solve the problem. 

What is strange is that it did work when first installed for a short time but not since,  when it did work the buttons connect disconnect and network discover where active and it did see the printer and usb attached hard-drive. 

The only reason I bought Netgear was the good write ups it got in media and been a reputable brand so it is disappointing that Netgear have such a poor application that isn't working correctly across their range of routers.

As I don't think my issue is going to be quickly or easily resolved if at all. I've ordered a cheap print server and will use that instead when it arrives.

Message 5 of 6
Tom4x4
Tutor

No solution !    Netgear USB control center is just rubbish Man Sad

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 11 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements