Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

USB shared via browser without any password checking if FTP(via internet) enabled !!

cicciori
Aspirant

USB shared via browser without any password checking if FTP(via internet) enabled !!

Hello everybody,

I connected two USB etxernal Hard Disks to a USB 4-ports hub wich I connected to the USB port of my D6000/AC750 (firmware updated to the very last V1.0.0.61_1.0.1)
The sharing via network connection works fine, but the FTP(via internet) Access Method has a very severe issue: anyone can enter both the Hard Disks using ftp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx from any browser from any device around the world without being asked any password !

Of course there is a password set and the issue exists despite of being the default or a personalized password.

I also tried to protect the access to one HardDisk leaving free the other one, but they both keep freely readable and writeable !

A very strange thing is that TotalCommander in Android refuses to connect if i don't supply the correct user/password, whilst, as I said before, with any browser from any device from anywher the NAS is freely accessible!

Any idea ?? Any support would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Model: D6000|AC750 WiFi Modem Router - 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 5

Re: USB shared via browser without any password checking if FTP(via internet) enabled !!

@cicciori wrote:

Hello everybody,

I connected two USB etxernal Hard Disks to a USB 4-ports hub wich I connected to the USB port of my D6000/AC750

Netgear does not claim that USB devices will work through a USB hub. Indeed, I am surprised that you got it to work

This may explain your other problems.

Have you tried without having the hub in the way?

Message 2 of 5
cicciori
Aspirant

Re: USB shared via browser without any password checking if FTP(via internet) enabled !!

Quite correct what you say, but sincerely didn't think could be a problem, seen that it works fine in other tpyes of access. I will surely try and let you know.

By the way, I can say that remote maintenance works correctly asking the password from anywhere you access the device.

Message 3 of 5
cicciori
Aspirant

Just removed the USB hub and connected one single Hard Disk. Nothing changed: it's accessible from anywher without any password checking 😞

I think that if this should have been the problem , also Total Commander should have been in troubles.. don't you agree ?

Message 4 of 5
cicciori
Aspirant

Nobody has any idea ?? I'm keeping trying different settings around, but no way to solve... 😞

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7