Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to Access Community With Edge Browser

w3wilkes
Prodigy

Unable to Access Community With Edge Browser

Since there doesn't seem to be a Community area regarding Community usability. The Comunity forums work fine with Chrome and IE, but using Edge Browser version;

Microsoft Edge 42.17134.1.0

Microsoft EdgeHTML 17.17134

Receive this error

This page is having a problem loading

We tried to load this page for you a few times, but there is still a problem with this site. We know you have better things to do than to watch this page reload over and over again so try coming back to this page later.

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router,DGND3700|N600 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ADSL2+ MODEM ROUTER
Message 1 of 13

Re: Unable to Access Community With Edge Browser

Edge works here. Same version.

Message 2 of 13
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Edge worked fine for the Netgear community before yesterdays Win10 updates and all my other regular sites are still working. Any suggestion besides clearing all cached items and or reboot, I've already done those and still have the problem. Running Win10 pro 1804 including yesterdays "Tuesday monthly" updates.

Message 3 of 13

Certainly something odd is happening. The latest Windows update broke the forum here too.

It starts to load, brings up the banner and then times out.

I'll let the Netgear people who run the forum know.

Message 4 of 13
Voyager72
Aspirant

same here since latest Windows 10 update (1804 - 17134.112)

Message 5 of 13

Here it fails at the login stage, after I submit the username and password.

Message 6 of 13

That's odd, it does fail at the login stage, but if I ask Edge to go to a message with the link it finally gets there. But then there usual problem, it times out and displays the dreaded:

We tried to load this page for you a few times, but there is still a problem with this site. We know you have better things to do than to watch this page reload over and over again so try coming back to this page later.

Message 7 of 13
w3wilkes
Prodigy

I got an email suggesting I accept your response as a solution! Really, you have got to be kidding me! Bottom line is no, there is no solution unless either Netgear fix the forum of MS fix the OS. Since all other things I do in Edge work fine, including SEVERAL FORUMS that use REAL FORUM PRODUCTS like Invision, vBulletin, etc., I must assume that this is a Netgear homegrown forum product problem. Oh, but I mentioned that Netgear should use a real forum software package clear back when they rolled out this "new and improved" forum platform. This will probably just end with the famous "couldn't reproduce it in our lab".

Message 8 of 13

@w3wilkes wrote:

....I must assume that this is a Netgear homegrown forum product problem.

It is unwise to jump to assumptions like that.  The forum software comes from one of the biggest suppliers of commercial "customer" support around. Lithium.

You will find that other companies, such as Logitech, use the Lithium platform.

This does not make it any better, but it does suggest that the Netgear codeheads are the ones that need a kicking.

Then there is something that you wrote in an earlier messages:

Edge worked fine for the Netgear community before yesterdays Win10 updates

That is also my experience. To me this points the finger at Microsoft. So you seem to have the wrong target in your sights.

Message 9 of 13
w3wilkes
Prodigy

And the Lithium platform currently is working just fine in Edge over at Logitech, however Logitech does not use Lithium exclusively. The very active Logitech Slimdevices forum actually uses vBulliten.

Message 10 of 13

Indeed.

I just wanted to correct your assumption that "that this is a Netgear homegrown forum product problem".

Quite what Logitech's use of some other software has to do with this issue on the Netgear forum escapes me.

Message 11 of 13
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Well, progress is being made on this. I can now access the community using the Edge browser, but it refuses to stay logged in even though I checked the box to leave me logged in.

Message 12 of 13
antinode
Guru

> [...] I can now access the community using the Edge browser, but it
> refuses to stay logged in even though I checked the box to leave me
> logged in.

I've been seeing this behavior on Firefox on Mac for the past few
days.  Netgear's motto: "Testing?  What's that?"

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats