Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to change passphrase

roynicho
Tutor

Unable to change passphrase

I'm trying to change the passphrase on the G5 setting

It's currently set to fluffyonion *** diigits at end... I never set this and wonder of I've been hacked.

I am unable to change.. I try and apply and it always comes back as the same

Any suggestions

Regards

Roy N.

Message 1 of 12
gnbalbion
Aspirant

Hi Roy, I had the same issue, if you are using Internet Explorer 11 you will need to add your router page into the compatability section under tools in your explorer, goto tools >compatability view settings, easiest way to add it is to load your modem main page via 192.168.0.1 and then go to the compatability view and say add this site. Get back to me if you any more detail.
Message 2 of 12
texas_cap
Aspirant

gnbalbion
Thanks for this solution. I'm using IE11 - I'm good to go now. 🙂

CAP
Message 3 of 12
Nutritional-Mom
Aspirant

What do I do if I use Chrome?  I've changed the passcode repeatedly as well.

Message 4 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Are you able to bring up Internet explorer and try that solution? if you cant find your Internet explorer go down to your start menu and then in the search box type iexplore and hit enter this should bring up your internet explorer. The other option I would suggest is to Factory reset the router on the back with a pen though only do this if your willing to re do all your router settings it will wipe all of your configurations. hope to hear your feedback.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 12
Lindawhit
Aspirant

I am trying to re program netgear WNDR3400 and set up.  I need step by step directions.  I may have changed settings by trying many ways.   i cant get wifi on ipad phones ect..  I am in no way  computer savvy.    I had no problems in the past  please help!!!!!!

Thanks

Lindawhit

Message 6 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Lindawhit 

Here is a article with screenshots and step by step on how to set up the wireless network. Let me know if this helps if not I can break down the steps more. just ask if you have any issues.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23439

DarrneM

Message 7 of 12
4sxb513
Initiate

page not found

Message 8 of 12
NavyDad71
Aspirant

I have been able to change my N600 and the link for changing as listed above ......still not found. 

Message 9 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Message 10 of 12
bucholtzda
Aspirant

wnr2000 recover current password or change password so can add new device

Message 11 of 12
greenbergmethew
Aspirant

Click on 'tank', click on 'Change passphrase' (the first key icon), enter the admin password, enter the new passphrase and confirm passphrase, click OK.

The GUI pops up an error briefly:

Error: Unable to set passphrase: geli: Cannot open keyfile /data/geli/8d73c68a-7b60-4e16-9527-f7dfceea1e34.key: No such file or directory.
Version reports 'FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201501241715' but the bug tracker doesn't appear to have a 'Seen in' version for it.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7