Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgrading the firmware of DGN2200v2.

zippoxer
Novice

Upgrading the firmware of DGN2200v2.

I probably have a very rare version of DGN2200. It's called DGN2200v2. I'm sure this is somehow related to Bezeq (my ISP).
I could not find a firmware upgrade for this router. I tried all DGN2200 firmwares listed here: ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/
But none works on my router.

I need my router to support LOOPBACK or I drop it from the window (kidding but it will certainly won't be my router if it can't support LOOPBACK)...
Message 1 of 13
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Upgrading the firmware of DGN2200v2.

if ISP provided you the this unit then it has ISP BRANDED firmware. netgear firmware will NOT work.. you have to consult ISP
Message 2 of 13
lidn
Aspirant

Can anyone from Netgear reply?

I sent a question about this twice to Netgear support, and in both cases got back "additional time is necessary to effectively process your request" and no reply. The last support ticket is from 10 days ago.

The support of the telco who provided the router claimed it should be possible to update using the plain Netgear firmware, but this isn't the case.
Message 3 of 13
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Forum is user to user only. You will not find direct support on forum

Bug them again from the portal
Message 4 of 13
lidn
Aspirant

Thanks. I was hoping forum dynamic would make them feel more obliged to reply. I'll wait a few more days and try again.
Message 5 of 13
lidn
Aspirant

Still no word from Netgear.
Message 6 of 13
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

couldn't help you much here... sorry:)
Message 7 of 13
LouisXIV
Aspirant

Hi!

I have the same strange router, supplied by the same strange ISP, but I have a question which I hope is easier:

Can I use the Netgear-OpenDNS "Live Parental Controls" with this router? Can I do any damage either to my machine or the router by trying to install the Live Parental Controls application?

Thanks.
L.
Message 8 of 13
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Go to Netgear.com/lpc. And look FAQ tab
Message 9 of 13
LouisXIV
Aspirant

Yes, I see.

Thanks.
L.
Message 10 of 13
lidn
Aspirant

I noticed there's now also a v3 for DGN2200. Maybe its firmware is somewhat compatible, or can be made to be compatible?

But according to this forum thread it has 64MB of RAM, which is more than the v2, if I remember correctly.
Message 11 of 13
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

No

You can only use firmware from v2 if you have v2
Message 12 of 13
lidn
Aspirant

Yeah. I don't expect it to work by itself, but with some tinkering it might be possible.
Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7