Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Username "admin" does NOT work. I know my password, any help appreciated

heazim
Tutor

Username "admin" does NOT work. I know my password, any help appreciated

Trying to change the password on my router.  I did it the last time easily.  I know my password.  I have accessed it in my keychain.  Admin, admin, ADMIN are not working.

Any help appreciated.  Thanks

Heather

Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
Tom666
Star

Once you reset your router by pressing the pinhole with a paper clip for 30 seconds or so it will go back to default settings. The way you get back into the configuration settings you  type on your browser http://routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1. Those two should work to get into the settings. You'll get a prompt to log into the router. admin will be for the admin, and password for the password. Then change any settings you need to detect your dsl type. If you have any other question let us know" 

==============================================================

DOES NOT WORK !!!!!! 

AND IT'S NOT A ROUTER, IT'S A MODEM  

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 13

All Replies
storm1985
Prodigy

What is the model number of your device?

Message 2 of 13
wcalifas831
Prodigy

Are you using the default settings to get into your router?  Admin: will be as admin

password: will be password as the defaults

Message 3 of 13
Tom666
Star

Same here.. did multiple resets, LOOOOONG reset times, even let the thing sit idle over night with no power/cable to it just to make sure everything was powered down.. and NOTHING. 

Lemme guess.... you have Time Warner as your provider ?

Message 4 of 13
heazim
Tutor

Hi,

Not using default settings.  It's my understanding that you can't change the user name, it's always admin.  I looked up my password in my keychain and that shouldn't be wrong.  

I can restore to factory settings, but I am not sure how or where to re-enter the ip address and all that?  Would that be through my ISP or Netgear router?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 13
heazim
Tutor

No.  Actually I live in Alaska and my ISP is local.  Isn't this a Netgear router problem not an ISP problem?  Are you trying to get into your router or log on to your internet.  Two different users and passwords.

Message 6 of 13
heazim
Tutor

N300 wireless ADS L2 +DGN2200v3

Any help is appreciated.

Heather

Message 7 of 13
heazim
Tutor

What about the password they give you on the router?  All those funny ones like blueboat19, etc.

Message 8 of 13
wcalifas831
Prodigy

Once you reset your router by pressing the pinhole with a paper clip for 30 seconds or so it will go back to default settings. The way you get back into the configuration settings you  type on your browser http://routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1. Those two should work to get into the settings. You'll get a prompt to log into the router. admin will be for the admin, and password for the password. Then change any settings you need to detect your dsl type. If you have any other question let us know.

Message 9 of 13
Tom666
Star

Once you reset your router by pressing the pinhole with a paper clip for 30 seconds or so it will go back to default settings. The way you get back into the configuration settings you  type on your browser http://routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1. Those two should work to get into the settings. You'll get a prompt to log into the router. admin will be for the admin, and password for the password. Then change any settings you need to detect your dsl type. If you have any other question let us know" 

==============================================================

DOES NOT WORK !!!!!! 

AND IT'S NOT A ROUTER, IT'S A MODEM  

Message 10 of 13
heazim
Tutor

Thanks I'll give this a try.  Heather

Message 11 of 13
wcalifas831
Prodigy

dgn 2200 is a router/modem combo fyi

Message 12 of 13
heazim
Tutor

I ended up doing the factory reset and everything works again.  Will then change my password and see what happens.  Thanks again!

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7