Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using D7000 in germany ?

Layn
Aspirant

Using D7000 in germany ?

This is for the D7000 not the R7000, I dont know why it wont let me choose it above.

Hey there! I recently moved from the UK to germany and brought my D7000 Nighthawk along. Now Im a bit stumbed as even the connectors to the DSL seem to be different. I was thinking of trying to find some sort of adapter for that perhaps, not sure if that even works.

I then had the idea of running the D7000 over the modem/router the ISP sent ( it doesnt have wifi), that doesnt seem to work either though.

Is the D7000 absolutely incompatible with german DSL or are there some workarounds I could attempt ?

I appreciate any help.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Using D7000 in germany ?

For the D7000 please join the DSL Modems & Routers community section.

When I have it right, all DSL in Germany is Annex B (as used on top of ISDN, regardless of the telephony connection), an Annex A (POTS) DSL modem/router can't be used.

The D7000 (note there are two model variants) can be operated as a router with a WAN/Internet Ethernet port, so linking up with a provider modem should allow to terminate the PPPoE tunnel on the D7000). 

Message 2 of 4
Layn
Aspirant

Hello, thank you for the kind reply.

Does Annex A and B refer to a certain type of network arcitecture used by the modem, is this seperate from the actual connector (RJ11, RJ45 ?

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

The DSL (two wire) connector has less relevance, but of course in the ISDN world there used to be RJ45 more common than RJ11. Regardless of the phone technology, Annex B was kind of a standard. But talk to your ISP before dropping your box FMI.

The big difference between Annex A and Annex B are the lower carrier frequences which can be used on a POTS (Annex A) system. Why ever, things were hevaily standardized for Annex B, certainly for Telekom.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7