Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using R6330 Router as a Print Server

PLCGuy
Follower

Using R6330 Router as a Print Server

Just bought / installed an R6330 (AC1600) router at my house. Trying to connect a Dell 1110 laser printer to the router via USB so I can access it from 2 different Dell Windows 10 PC's in the house. My question is simple:

** WILL THIS EVEN WORK? **

The description on the Amazon listing says it can use the router to give wireless access to  a USB a printer. I noticed the web interface on the router seems to imply the USB port is for media sharing. No mention of printers. There is a Youtube video showing how to connect the USB port on the router to the a printer using "Netgear USB Control Center". Link is shown here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_KdmLolwKM

My printer  never shows up in the open white area. Dopes anyone know if I am wasting my time? I have seen evidence online that might suggest the functionality was once there and Netgear removed it in the later models. Who knows. Any help is appreciated. John

Message 1 of 2

Re: Using R6330 Router as a Print Server

@PLCGuy wrote:

The description on the Amazon listing says it can use the router to give wireless access to  a USB a printer. I noticed the web interface on the router seems to imply the USB port is for media sharing. No mention of printers.

You seem to have picked a router that does not claim to support a USB printer. Most do.

It could be that the advertisement or the manual that is wrong, which happens.

In that case get the manual for the R6300, for example, and read what it says in the section ReadySHARE Printer.

If that doesn't work, you may be out of luck.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in the model number and check the documentation.

That page also has the "print utility" you need to make this work.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7