Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using only the usb ports on DGND3700v2

cirtemid
Aspirant

Using only the usb ports on DGND3700v2

Hello all.  Well, something went wonky with my DGND3700v2 and it can no longer connect to the internet.  Even though the wireless LEDs light up, the internet LED never comes on.  It is out of warranty, so I can't get help from Netgear support.

So I made a stop-gap jump and purchased a cheap Belkins router.  However, I heavily used the USB ports on the 3700 as I had two storage drives connected, which I used extensively.  So my desire is to use the 3700 just to access the USB storage drives.  The USB lights still come on, as well as the network light, so the device apparently can still tell the drives are connected to it.  However, once connected to a computer, the device immediately throws up a Netgear genie window that tries to connect to the Internet.  Even if I put in 192.168.0.1, that same screen keeps appearing.

I wanted to try to "connect a router to a router" steps I have read about, but I can't get into the 3700 settings to change anything, as the Netgear genie screen always comes up.

Is there a way that I can  use the 3700 so it will only read the USB ports, and not try to connect to the Internet or anything?

Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Using only the usb ports on DGND3700v2

Hello cirtemid

Have you tried to set the 3700 in AP mode under Advanced-Advanced Setup- Wireless Settings- Check the AP mode. this might work for what you are wanting it to do.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25597

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
cirtemid
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply.  The problem here is that I can't even seem to access the settings of the 3700.  The Netgear Genie screen always appears trying to get an internet connection.  Because it can't find one, I am in a vicious loop of the Genie constantly trying to connect to the Internet, then prompting me about manual or Genie configuration.  No matter what I pick, Netgear Genie keeps trying to connect.

Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Cirtemid 

I would then try a factory reset on it and try again and if you still can connect to it which I would suggest trying to connect to it over Ethernet It might be hardware failure.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
cirtemid
Aspirant

Thank you Darren.  I tried the factory reset also,  and got the same result.  So it appears that the hardware failure you mentioned is the final analysis.

I've had the 3700 for 2 years, so is that the expected life of this product?  I did not do anything that I know of to cause a problem.  I'm wondering what could have happened to cause this failure.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7