Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VOIP for D700 NIGHTHAWK VDSL ADSL modem router

FUNKHOUSER
Tutor

VOIP for D700 NIGHTHAWK VDSL ADSL modem router

I am about to connect to the NBN FTTN. The plan i signed up for comes with unlimited phone calls.

The modem TPG supplied comes with a port to plug the phone into. However i want to use my D700 modem as i think it would be superior to the cheap one supplied by TPG.

My question is will i be able to plug a phone into the modem as there is no port for it and is the D700 set up for voip?

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 6

Re: VOIP for D700 NIGHTHAWK VDSL ADSL modem router

Message 2 of 6
FUNKHOUSER
Tutor

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately it still does not tell me if i can plug a phone into the modem.

The d700 is nbn compatable but there is no mention anywhere regarding using a phone with it.

Message 3 of 6

At least you know that the modem is compatible with NBN. Well, I assume that your D700 is really the D7000.

How about using the ISP's box as a modem, phone connector and then working out how to turn the D7000 into a router?

Page 31 of the manual may help:

NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Model D7000 User Manual - D7000_UM_EN.pdf

Set Up the Modem Router for Cable or Fiber Service

If your ISP has a user forum, perhaps you would do well to ask there. NBN users are rare here.

Message 4 of 6
FUNKHOUSER
Tutor

I am going to do what you suggested by using the isp provided box untill i can work out how to connect a phone.

Thank you for your interest

Message 5 of 6

One other thought. Is it possible to use the D7000 as the modem/router and to plug the ISP's modem into that to connect the phone?

Not knowing anything about the box they provided, I have no idea how you would go about that. Once again, a user forum for the ISP might offer some clues.

You might might it useful to read this:

Looking for a router than can... - NETGEAR Communities

It goes beyond your immediate quest, but covers the phone thing along with other stuff.

Check the reply from TheEther. They know what the are about.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7