Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Vdsl is not ready -D200

Rafeil
Aspirant

Vdsl is not ready -D200

Hi, I just bought a NETGEAR DM200 to connect with Nbn at home.
I went to routerlogin page and
I am getting error-Vdsl is not ready for connection.

Can you peas help ?
Thanks
Message 1 of 4

Which flavour of NBN?

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

The DM200 is a DSL modem. Is that what you have?

Fiber to the Node (FTTN) and Fiber to the Basement (FTTB) are the ones to look for.

While Netgear lists all manner of things as being "compatible" with NBN in that article, in reality this often means that the device will work as a router. You have to bypass the modem bit and use something else as a modem.

It is a pity that Netgear does not make that clearer in its advice to NBN users. It might prevent people from wasting money on an incompatible modem router. They would be better off buying a simple router and using whatever modem their ISP provides, or buying one suitable for their Internet service.

Message 2 of 4
Rafeil
Aspirant

Thanks Michael
Yes I have DM200 and my nbn connection is Fttn , fibre to node
Can you please suggest which NETGEAR model is suitable?
Thanks
Message 3 of 4

Your Internet service provider is the best place to seek help with compatible modems.

It may be that the DM200 will work.

When you connect to the DSL network, what do the LEDs show? Does the DSL LED (the twisted wires) turn green.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.

One thing to remember with this advice is that it comes with limited router ability. I found that I needed to it up in modem/router mode before connecting to the Internet. After that I switched to modem only mode so that it could work with a router.

It might be worth doing a "factory reset" (see the manual) and starting from scratch.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7