Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WINDSTREAM SPEED CONNECTION ISSUE

XENA
Aspirant

WINDSTREAM SPEED CONNECTION ISSUE

My D6400 is working with Windstream when they cap my speed at 12 Mbs but when they turn the speed up to 25 Mbs the D6400 does not receive internet.

I used the Genie for setup and picked windstream from the drop down menu.  I have downloaded current firmware.

Anybody have any idea where to start in troubleshooting this problem?

thanks Xena

Model: D6400|AC1600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router|802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: WINDSTREAM SPEED CONNECTION ISSUE

Hello Xena

when they change it to the 25 mbps is it a bonded DSL connection if so Netgear modems do not support bonded connections.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
XENA
Aspirant

Re: WINDSTREAM SPEED CONNECTION ISSUE

I never found out for sure as I had a girl tech said yes lines were bonded but only one phone line goes into the modem as they bond them internally.  2 or 3 other tech guys I talked to either did not understand the question or just didn't want to answer.  But I think maybe not, as I got  the modem up to speed by changing the setting from PPPoA to PPPoE (the dropdown windstream settings may be wrong).  Then I removed an alarm system from the phone lines, recycled on both ends and the fix worked.  Getting 20 to 30 Mbs with Windstream using Netgear.  Thanks for your imput DarrenM as this is a very small carrier and nobody seems to know very much about them.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7