Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: What is the DGND3700's maximum speed?

Morelli
Aspirant

What is the DGND3700's maximum speed?

I have just had the BT offer to upgrade my Infinity package 'from up to 38Mb to up to 76Mb'. In ten years the broadband line speed on the copper cable running to the house, which was laid in the mid 60's, has gone from 0.5Mb to BT's current 'estimate your download speed will now be 66Mb/s and your upload speed will now be 20Mb/s'. Is this a record?
But my real question is whether the DGND3700 (V1) can handle such speed or to benefit would I need to upgrade the router.
TIA
Morelli
Message 1 of 9
Scubbie
Apprentice

The DGND3700 will be fine with your FTTC connection.

If I recall correctly WAN Ethernet port is a 1Gbit port. It can most certainly connect at the BTO Modem's port speed of 100mb/s.
Message 2 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

If I recall correctly WAN Ethernet port is a 1Gbit port. It can most certainly connect at the BTO Modem's port speed of 100mb/s

ADSL, Dual RJ-11, pins 2 and 3 T1.413, G.DMT
RJ-45 WAN port (gigabit ethernet)

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/DGND3700/DGND3700_UM_11May11.pdf

Technical specification page .
Message 3 of 9
Scubbie
Apprentice

jmizoguchi wrote:
ADSL, Dual RJ-11, pins 2 and 3 T1.413, G.DMT
RJ-45 WAN port (gigabit ethernet)...

Phew! I did remember correctly. 🙂

I know that I could hammer the traffic on the LAN side of mine, so I do not think that there would be an issue if the router were used with BTO's FTTP at 330mb down and 30mb up.
Message 4 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

I thinks so too ... if LAN was gigabit , I would have expect WAN is gigabit too...

🙂
Message 5 of 9
theTechman05
Aspirant

Morelli wrote:

But my real question is whether the DGND3700 (V1) can handle such speed or to benefit would I need to upgrade the router.
TIA
Morelli

It should handle anything you can throw at it as long as your not one of those testing college networks( I can't remember the name but its some real fast backbone for some schools:confused:) or trying to use it for an office with more than 250 devices:D.

I'm sure you can look up the difference for bandwidth vs throughput but gigabit should give you alot of freeway for those 100 Meg download offerings(if any:rolleyes:) out there.

Long and short your good to go besides known issues on dsl and wireless, beside that your not using the dsl modem plug for wan connections and your asking about wired ports.

End transmission before endless loop loop loop.
Message 6 of 9
Morelli
Aspirant

Thanks for your replies. So I'll stick with the DGND3700 at least for the time being.
I have wired and wireless connections. Only downside is the write speed to the HDD attached to the router. But that said I can still steam HD video by either connection.
Morelli
Message 7 of 9
theTechman05
Aspirant

You may just want to start saving up for a nas. To me those usb ports are more for people saving small documents like cat pictures and school work.

Maybe its changed since my 3300 but its worth it so far for me.
Message 8 of 9
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

using USB on router is useless function other than you have it's option to use.

if you want the best , get ReadyNAS and hooked to gigabit to the network. You will get the most performance and other feature that come with ReadyNAS box
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7