Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Which Netgear models offer set up of QoS rules in Genie?

krushgroove
Aspirant

Which Netgear models offer set up of QoS rules in Genie?

Hi there, I've just learned elsewhere on the forum that my model Netgear (AC750) does not offer the QoS feature in Genie.

I'd like to be able to limit the speeds of certain devices connected by WiFi in the household or even deny them at certain times.

Is the QoS feature on certain Netgear routers (Upstream QoS) where I would normally do that?  If so, which Netgear routers have that feautre?

Or is there a third party software I could install so I don't have to upgrade my current router?

Thanks in advance  🙂

Message 1 of 4

Re: Which Netgear models offer set up of QoS rules in Genie?

@krushgroove wrote:

Hi there, I've just learned elsewhere on the forum that my model Netgear (AC750) does not offer the QoS feature in Genie.

AC750 is not a Netgear model number. It is a label that Netgear, and others, attach to their hardware to describe their wifi speeds.

What is the model number of your device?

Many Netgear routers support QoS. Take your pick from this lot:

Wireless Routers for Home | NETGEAR

Find one that fits your criteria and look at its manual to see if it can handle what you want.

@krushgroove wrote:

I'd like to be able to limit the speeds of certain devices connected by WiFi in the household or even deny them at certain times.

You may need something like Parental Controls and Access Control to deny access on a timetable. It depends on exactly what you want to do.

Be warned, it you are trying to kick the kids off the thing at times, they are often smart enough to find ways around Netgear's defences.

Message 2 of 4
krushgroove
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply and info, and yes it's the D6000  🙂

Message 3 of 4

The D6000 does support a limited form of QoS.

There is a manual for the D6000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> D6000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

Check page 78.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7