Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi Network

1jagjohn
Aspirant

WiFi Network

should I have my Talktalk and Orbi wifi's running at the same time? Speed has reduced quite a lot.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
1jagjohn
Aspirant

Re: WiFi Network

Just re-booting the router and Orbi has given me over 60Mbps, so happy now. Even the oldies can still learn. Thank you very much for your help.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies

What box (modem) is TalkTalk on? Does it have different SSIDs from the Orbi? (Maybe this is the wrong place for questions about that.)
Message 2 of 8
1jagjohn
Aspirant

I have the Talktalk Super Router. Also have different SSIDs. Bear in mind I am a novice please an old one at that!
Message 3 of 8

Does the Orbi's wifi speed go up if you turn off the wifi on the TalkTalk modem? (You have my sympathy for being a customer of what must qualify as one of the world's worst ISPs.)

If they are using the same wifi channels, you could investigate how you can change one of them to avoid interference.

Message 4 of 8
1jagjohn
Aspirant

How do I turn off the Talktalk wifi please
Message 5 of 8

There may be a button on the modem/router. Or it will have a manual that you can download.
Message 6 of 8
1jagjohn
Aspirant

Just re-booting the router and Orbi has given me over 60Mbps, so happy now. Even the oldies can still learn. Thank you very much for your help.

Message 7 of 8

@1jagjohn wrote:

Even the oldies can still learn.

That's me. Well in to the bus-pass years.

Glad it worked out.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7