Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi problems with Apple devices

gpblancs
Aspirant

Wifi problems with Apple devices

Hi,

I really need some help.

I am in the UK and my ISP is Plusnet and I am on Fibre Broadband. I joined Plusnet from BT about 12 months ago.

I have had problems with the range and stability of wifi coverage since I joned Plusnet using their own modem/router so I decided to change it to that shown above. Setup went smoothly and I've used the standard settings as done in the setup.

Network wise I have a couple of ethernet connected windows pc's, a Samsung Galaxy S7, a number of streaming devices plus an Ipad 7 and an Ipad Air.

The incoming connection speed is stable at or about 62+mbs. Wifi is working well for most of the devices. Obviously the further from the modem I am the less wifi speed I get. I understand that.

However, the wifi for the Apple products is dire to non existent. If I use Okla speedtest it can be 2mbs one minute the 30mbs the next. 

I am reasonably it literate so any amendments to settings would be ok for me to do.

HELP

PS. I'm not a fan of Apple products so the two in question are my wifes

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Wifi problems with Apple devices

you may want to mess with the setting I linked in the KB below I have seen this work for able products.

https://kb.netgear.com/30228/How-to-disable-20-40-MHz-Coexistence-on-a-NETGEAR-router

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
gpblancs
Aspirant

Re: Wifi problems with Apple devices

DarrenM. Thank you for your reply and information.

However, since my post I have had further problems and not just with Apple products. On Wednesday last week we counld not connect to the 2.4 ghz channel so logged a Support request. Got the case number and rang them. Made a couple of setting changes and this seemed to work.

However, today we lost all ethernet and wifi connectivity. WE had no internet. Rang my ISP, Plusnet, who tested the service and it was fine so rang Netgear Tech support again. Under there instructions I did a full reset and reinstall, changed a couple of settings, same as last week really, and it worked. However, Tech Support have said that if it happens again it is most likely a faulty unit and they will provide me with a replacement.

While that is ok it really doesn't give me any confidence in the quality of Netgear products and I feel that the 90 day Tech Support is really not acceptable.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7