× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Windows 10 setup problems - ReadyNAS NV+

cspry1
Follower

Windows 10 setup problems - ReadyNAS NV+

I connected the ReadyNAS to the network. Advanced IP Scanner showed a device at 192.168.1.27 ‘Infrant Technologies Inc.’ (Netgear acquired Infrant Technologies in 2007). 
In Windows 10, I tried to connect to 192.168.1.27 but Chrome refused to make the connection as 'the certificate is invalid'. In Internet Explorer I used admin/secure to login to https://192.168.1.27/shares/ but it said that no shares were accessible. 'Net view' in a shell said the connection was using smb1 which is insecure and that the computer and Windows 10 uses smb2, so it could not connect.
The directories are ‘backup’ and ‘media’ but Winndws 10 said that I did not have permission to access either of these.

Advice on how to proceed would be appreciated.

Christopher Spry

christopher.spry@gmail.com

Model: ReadyNASRND4475|ReadyNAS NV+ 3TB (4 X 750GB)
Message 1 of 4
IrvSp
Master

Re: Windows 10 setup problems - ReadyNAS NV+

You are in the wrong forum, probably should be in one here, https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear, one of the READYNAS ones that fit the problem? Better chance of having someone familiar with the h/w that could help.

Not sure what you mean by 'shell' though, assume it is on the ReadyNAS?

Yes, W10 had basically deleted SMB1 from installations from the Fall Creator Update (V1709) and later versions. If you need it, you must go to Control Panel, Programs and Features, select Turn On Windows Features, scroll down to SMB1, open it up and click on the client, OK, and reboot. Has to be done on ALL W10 PC's.

Message 2 of 4
tominwi
Luminary

OP is gone but I too have an NV+ and appreciate the info about how to get SMB on W10!!!

Message 3 of 4
IrvSp
Master

@tominwi wrote:

OP is gone but I too have an NV+ and appreciate the info about how to get SMB on W10!!!

You can enable on W10 SMB1 by going to Control Panel, Programs and Features,  Turn Windows Feature off or on on the left side, and then scroll down to SMB1 and enable the CLIENT only.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements