Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Your connection to this site is not private

jacobgratton
Aspirant

Hi,

When I go to log onto the internet site for the router I get the following message

http://192.168.0.1 requires a user name and password

I am thinke that the "Your connection to this site is not private" is a new addition to the log on screen.

Does anyone know what it means?

Cheers Jackie

Model: DGND3700v2|N600 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ADSL2+ MODEM ROUTER
Message 1 of 6
WinnerPlus
Tutor

Re: Your connection to this site is not private

It sounds like you are using google chrome, however this page shouldn't appear for a NETGEAR DSL Modem/Router. As it sounds like a chrome issue, I suggest trying to access the site with another web browser to verifiy if this is an issue.

If the other web browser works, you can try and diagnose the chrome issue by following this guide: Google Support Guide

The page 'Your connection to this site is not private' should only appear for sites using SSL, and netgear dsl modem/routers don't use a SSL.

If you need anything else, I'd be happy to help.

Message 2 of 6
jacobgratton
Aspirant

Hi 

Thanks for replying.

I am using google chrome but I did try to open the router homepage with Microsoft Edge and got the same message.

Cheers

Jackie

Model: DGND3300v2|RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N Modem Router|EOL
Message 3 of 6
WinnerPlus
Tutor

I'm guessing a login box appears asking for username & password. If so, the default username is admin and the default password is password. The username and password are case sensitive.

I hope this helps, if this doesn't please send a screenshot of the page you are trying to access.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 6
clithes
Prodigy

The reason why the browser is telling you your connection is not private is that you are inputting a username and password (usually sensitive information) over an http connection which isn't encrypted.

Message 5 of 6
Josie12
Aspirant

How can I change my connection to be private or is it even possible? I try using Safari and it basically tells me the same thing. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7