Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

any way to repeat dgnd3700 ssid with wpa2

theTechman05
Aspirant

any way to repeat dgnd3700 ssid with wpa2

I got a deal on a wn3000rp and found by itself as a client of my router it can do wpa2 but it warns to have the ssid different than on the router so it puts an "ext" at the end .

The range is decent for my needs but because my devices don't have a connect to better device option , which doesn't command devices to swap to the better signal. The dgnd goes fills my quarter acre but for sensitive devices they just don't go for less than 2 bars (like the ps vita:mad::rolleyes:)

End of the story is "Was there a way to set the dgnd 3700 access mode to wpa2 or higher so I can repeat my address"

Its things like this that put a hamper on buying newer repeaters to test if this is one of those current limitations to the dgnd3700. May be I'll find a few gold coins and buy the pro stuff(The netgear pro kit is $2500 U.S.D ) but till then this is my option and my question.

Thanks
Message 1 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: any way to repeat dgnd3700 ssid with wpa2

extender can join the network with WPA2 so not sure you point.

repeating setup are sill limited to WEP/54Mbps. and some say DD-WRT can do it but usually all devices have to be support same manner.

meaning even you have DD-WRT is available on once device you may till not able to connect higher than WEP because other devices may not handle it
Message 2 of 7
theTechman05
Aspirant

I mean I have the assumtion if I want to use the same ssid without issues I need to use the access point manager but that does not support higher securities.

The repeater warned against using the same ssid so thats the short of my asking ths question.
Message 3 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Repeating uses same SSID -wireless connecting two devices

Extender has two options- simply bridge which joins the network and repeating
Message 4 of 7
theTechman05
Aspirant

So are you referencing that I should be fine setting the ssid on my repeater to same should be fine. It didn't really give too much setup option except pick a wireless and what do you want to repeat the signal as "ssid".
Message 5 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

If you are referring to wether to use _ext or not then if you just need to have wireless connection then used xxx_ext or differenet SSID ne

Makes no difference unless you want walk around and keep using same SSID network
Message 6 of 7
theTechman05
Aspirant

My intention is to have seamless secure wireless on my property and not fudge my neighbors if possible.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7