Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

d6400 wireless problem

kannanni
Aspirant

d6400 wireless problem

hi there,

im having a very annoying wireless issue with this new d6400,for some reason it wont supply more than 40 megs wirelessly on 5g ac.

range is fine though. its doing this with any wireless clients i connect to,latest ios or android ac devices. i factory resseted it twice without success. im on bt infinity 2.
i love the stable modem though and the nice sync and ping. its a shame im having to use it in modem modem mode only and using my asus rt-n66u and everything is back to normal wirelessly with downloading speeds exceeding 70 megs.

i have left everything in default mode choosing europe.

can someone who is getting more than 70 megs wirelessly please share their wireless configuration settings.

thanks,
kannanni

Message 1 of 7
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Re: d6400 wireless problem

Make sure WMM is enable on your modem router and try changing channel.
Message 2 of 7
zeuss
Aspirant

Is it with VDSL or ADSL mode ? Which ISP ?
Is it only low throughput with WiFi only or it's also low in LAN ?
Message 3 of 7
kannanni
Aspirant

zeuss wrote:
Is it with VDSL or ADSL mode ? Which ISP ?
Is it only low throughput with WiFi only or it's also low in LAN ?

vdsl with bt infinity 2 in uk.
happens only on wifi internet bandwith supplied by the router doesnt exceed 40 megs to any of my clients. normal local transfers are not affected speed wise.

no one so far has come forward using the same router to admit internet speed through wifi reaching 70-80 megs levels so it looks there is a software issue limiting the internet speed through wifi.
wired lan is not affected at all.
Message 4 of 7
zeuss
Aspirant

Which channel you selected ?
How about try to change to "Australia" region (in wireless setup page), normally, it will have high power in Australia than Europe.
Message 5 of 7
XMB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have you raised a support case with Netgear to see if it is a known issue? From another thread I see there may be a firmware update soon so maybe this will be fixed then.

I am on BT Infinity but only have 38M service due to my distance from the cabinet so I can't confirm your findings.
Message 6 of 7
Fairytail
Virtuoso

It would be best to contact NETGEAR support for any recommendations or solutions since you are the first to report such issue.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7