Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

daily rebooting V1.0.051_1.0.1

chrisbaughan
Follower

daily rebooting V1.0.051_1.0.1

Why do I have to reboot daily  ?  Please answer in simple terms as I don't uhderstand the community answers.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Re: daily rebooting V1.0.051_1.0.1

You should not have to reboot a modem/router daily that has good firmware. I had a failure about 4 months ago on a power flicker on my DGND3700 running custom (not Netgear) firmware. Other than stuff like that or if I make a configuration change, I never have to reboot my modem/router. If your D7000 is the one you can run the open source firmware on I would suggest you do it and see if things improve. If not and you are within your warantee window I'd take it back as Netgear doesn't support the original D7000 anymore.

Message 2 of 6
antinode
Guru

> [...] V1.0.051_1.0.1

> Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router

Looking at the product label can usually reveal the actual model
number.

> [...] If your D7000 is the one you can run the open source firmware on
> [...]

Which D7000 is that?  Which "the open source firmware"?

> [...] Netgear doesn't support the original D7000 anymore.

The D7000[v1] does not run firmware version "V1.0.0.51_1.0.1".  A
D7000v2 does.  And V1.0.0.53_1.0.2 is available for it.

> D7000v2 / DGND3700v1

So, shouldn't you know better?

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your (actual) model number,
and look for Downloads.  (For older versions, under Firmware and
Software Downloads, look for "View Previous Versions".)  Find the
kit(s).  Download the kit(s) you want.  Read the "Release Notes" file
for instructions.

Message 3 of 6
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Yes, I have a D7000v2. I have no idea what firmware level is available for it because it sits on the shelf due to some problems I had with the device. I've gone back to my DGND3700v1 with the @richud custom firmware which fixes problems found on that device and adds function like VDSL which Netgear removed support for after their initial announcement of the DGND3700v1 supporting VDSL. It also adds a bit-torrent deamon (Transmission), Cron (Scheduler) to the router along with several other enhancements.

If you're interested in trying the open source firmware for the D7000, it's for the D7000 v1 only. I copied this from another thread by @normanDdog on these boards which gives instructions on installing and where to get the open source firmware. From what I gather there are many fixes including a fix for Chrome access to the WebUI of the modem/router.

"

Grab the firmware / check for further updates here ..

https://github.com/negan07/ancistrus/releases

Scroll down to the release "Assets", the latest at time of writing is #592

D7000-V1.0.1.70_1.0.1-ancistrus_negan07-build-592.zip

Once you have downloaded the zip, right click and extract / unzip it, and then inside the unzipped folder you will find an .img file.

Its this .img file that you direct your router to upload from your hard drive (wherever it was downloaded to and extracted)

After the router reboots with the new firmware installed, you will be able to go to 192.168.0.1 with Chrome because the NULLs issue is now fixed, you will not experience anymore occasional router freezes, and your router will be a lot more secure now that it benefits from all the work done by Ancistrus07

Also have a look at the wiki if you want more info on what has been enabled by Ancistrus07 as nice additions to the firmware ..

https://github.com/negan07/ancistrus/wiki/ancistrus-core-package

Dont go switching everything off (inhibiting) though if you do not understand what you are doing. You can seriously hobble your routers abilities, or make it less secure.

"

Message 4 of 6
tominwi
Luminary

@chrisbaughan wrote:

Why do I have to reboot daily  ?  Please answer in simple terms as I don't uhderstand the community answers.

The latest firmware is 1.0.1.70. So the first thing you should try is to update.

Message 5 of 6
antinode
Guru

> The latest firmware is 1.0.1.70. [...]

For _what_, your D7000[v1], or the questioner's D7000v2?

>    The D7000[v1] does not run firmware version "V1.0.0.51_1.0.1".  A
> D7000v2 does.  And V1.0.0.53_1.0.2 is available for it.

Which part of that was unclear?

But thanks for posting the irrelevant info about your equipment.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7