Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: dgn 2200 modem/router not saving wireless passphrase

molecule
Aspirant

dgn 2200 modem/router not saving wireless passphrase

Hello,

I have set a passphrase a year ago for the wireless connection, some customers complained the word is somehow offensive and wanted to change it but if I clear the textbox in Security Option (Wpa2-psk), type a new one in and press apply, the old password comes back. I did a factory reset but the default passord can't be changed either. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Molecule

Have you tried changing the security type to WPA-PSK (TKIP) + WPA2-PSK (AES) and then trying to change the password?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 8
molecule
Aspirant

Hello,

I am not sure if I tried that one, tomorrow will have another go and will post, Thanks

Message 3 of 8
molecule
Aspirant

Hello,

I have put a new password in WPA-PSK (TKIP) + WPA2-PSK (AES) and clicked apply. the page reloads and

In the ssecurity option I get "None" selected and selecting again  WPA-PSK (TKIP) + WPA2-PSK (AES) the old password is there. It is stuck. Trtied all combinations.

I have an open SSID now because I cannot change or even set the old one.

Has it got something to do with the fact that it has been a year since I bought it? Customer support ove rthe phone tried to sell me all sort of stuff as soon as I mentioned it is for a business. Bah, don't know what to do apart from checking if unauthorized people are using our connection. Don't want to buy a new one. This is the second to go after a year.

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

The other thing you could try to do is set up the guest network and see if it will let you change the SSID on that network and the password and give those out. 

DarrenM

Message 5 of 8
molecule
Aspirant

I tried that and it behaves the same way, after the page is reloaded it defaults to none..

Message 6 of 8
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

The one thing that came to mind is have you contacted your ISP about this I know that sometimes a ISP can lock the wireless setting down on a modem so they can charge you wifi costs so they would need to add Wifi codes to your modem and then you reset the modem and it unlocks those controls. Im not sure if your ISP does this but I have seen it in the past. Ill keep looking if I can find a awnser on this.

DarrenM

Message 7 of 8
molecule
Aspirant

Hi,

I called the ISP, they said they do nothing of that sort. I am thinking of testing the router in my home, I wonder if it will behave differently since I have a different ISP there.

Will post the outcome.

Thanks

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7