Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

dgn2200v4 as access point

bluray93
Follower

dgn2200v4 as access point

Hey everybody,

I'm trying to convert my three dgn2200v4 that I've used as modem only up until now to wireless access points. I've updated the firmware to the last version and setted them as wireless AP from settings trying both static and dynamic ip. As long as you remain close to one AP everything is ok, you can connect and disconnect as many times as you want but if you switch to a different AP and try to connect back to the previous one you will no longher be able to receive an IP address. I've observed this behaviour with all 3 devices and with different firmware versions. Setting static ip on the device that is trying to connect back will allow to access the setting page of the AP but the device will still be unable to reach the gateway and therefore to access internet. This behaviour only applies to wireless connections, ethernet works just fine. I think this is a firmware bug but if someone could provide a workaround it will be really appreciated. Thank you very much in advice!

Model: DGN2200v4|N300 Wireless ADSL2+ Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: dgn2200v4 as access point

Hi @bluray93, welcome to the community! Please indicate the exact firmware version of the devices. Does the issue persist on all wireless devices? Did you set any specific DHCP pool on the main router? Does the issue persist if the wireless device connects/disconnects from the main wireless router or only in between the AP's?

Dexter

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7