Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: disconnects with latest firmware v1.0.1.34

unluckynoobnoob
Aspirant

disconnects with latest firmware v1.0.1.34

Since updating to the latest firmware (v1.0.1.34), i'm getting regular VDSL disconnects with my NightHawk X4S D7800.

once disconnected it stays disconnected and only a reboot will fix it.

This is exactly what happened a few firmwares ago to me with 1.0.0.44 & 1.0.0.46 - in fact it was so bad i logged a call with NetGear #26761125  -  but it seems this is no longer an option without paying yet more money.

Any idea on how i can get somebody at Netgear to address this?  Or do I chuck this away and go back to a rock solid Drayek?

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
clithes
Prodigy

If the previous firmware version was working I would simply roll back to this version, no need to bin off a modem router.  Wait for Netgear to release a further version of the firmware, which hopefully addresses the problems.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/D7800.aspx#download

Hope this helps

Message 2 of 3

@unluckynoobnoob wrote:

Since updating to the latest firmware (v1.0.1.34), i'm getting regular VDSL disconnects with my NightHawk X4S D7800.

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

once disconnected it stays disconnected and only a reboot will fix it.

Is the Connection Mode configured to be "Always on"? The default here seems to be "Dial on Demand", whatever that is.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7