Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: dropping internet connection

fava
Aspirant

dropping internet connection

Hello, I bought this device a week ago and programmed this device as it should, but I face a big problem, especially during this period because I am a distance education teacher. So the problem is that the device keep dropping internet connection and the device didn’t glow any red light it keep it always stay solid white so it look there is nothing wrong and it D7000v2 is that it disconnects itself from the internet randomly and frequently. It now disconnects at least 4 times per day and since it cost me an amount of money 265$.

I have to do hard rest or to turn it off and than turn it on... .

I have tried lots of things in an attempt to cure this disconnection problem, all without success. These are:

checking that our landline phone’s dial tone is clear;

power cycling the network (including removing power cables for 10 minutes);

replacing the microfilters; replacing the phone cable to the D7000v2; replaced the ethernet cable to the D7000v2;

updating the D7000v2 to the latest firmware (currently v1.0.0.64);

temporarily downgrading to older versions of the firmware;

resetting the D7000v2 to factory default settings;

checking the D7000v2 is not well overheating;

I have net speed 40mb I’m from Israel.

Please help me and thank you guyz.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3

@fava wrote:

So the problem is that the device keep dropping internet connection and the device didn’t glow any red light it keep it always stay solid white so it look there is nothing wrong and it D7000v2

There are lots of lights on these things, a dozen or so. Are they all white?  Power, Internet and DSL?

If so, what happens when the Internet goes off?

What devices do you have connected to the modem/router? Wifi? Wired? What messages do you get when the Internet dies?

I ask because we need to know if the D7000v2 is the problem or if something connected to it is misbehaving.

It ius easy to assume that the modem/route is acting up when it is actually something else.

@fava wrote:

resetting the D7000v2 to factory default settings;

Why do you do that? Does it come back to life if you just power cycle (on/off) the thing? A "factory reset" is a specific operation you need in particular circumstances. 

Message 2 of 3
fava
Aspirant

Let it be clear that the device on its own, then it becomes not connected to the Internet, as the lights for DSL power and internet remain lit in white color, as they do not change or be glowing. (i uplode a picture of the d7000v2 when it disconnected)
The Internet be cut off without a warning or a reason suddenly, since I know that I am not connected and my students at school do not hear me, or for example, while I play any game that needs the Internet to be cut off.
I connected my computer to a cat7 (Ethernet) straight cable and there were devices like phones, one printer, and one laptop computer connected through Wi-Fi.
I do not receive any message from the computer or the phone, but a simple notification, for example on the phone. I get an exclamation point at the Wi-Fi signal, and then I get a earth signal with a stop signal.
I programmed the device more than once and did a factory reset, and the only solution did not work, it was only through a restart or a reset.
I think that the problem with setting the channels to the Wi-Fi when it is automatic, I don’t know. However, when returning the old Bezeq modem in Israel, it works without interruption.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7