Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

how do i get my router to see my USB drive

dunks1980
Follower

how do i get my router to see my USB drive

Hi Guys 

im having a bit of trouble with my new Netgear D7000  V2  i hve go the modem/router up and running and got it on the internet no problem however i am just fine tuning things and getting my network drives all set up and heres where the problems begin, 

the router will not see ANY  USB drives i have tried 1tb powered and non powered drives i have also tried small 8GB and 64GB  kingston flash drives all of which ahve been reformatted in exfat , fat 32 and NTFS files systems and still the router will not recognise them.

when i plug in any of the drives the router USB light comes on and starts to flash but thats where it ends through genie app and also loging in direct through web browser there is nothing in the ready share tabs showing any USB drives, i have also tried to map the drive using the //readyshare    cmd bu i cant find any thing i have done this using 2 diffrent computers one wired and one wireless still nothing.

when you unplug the USB drives the USB light stays on and doesnt go off the only way to turn this off is to turn the router off and then back on again. 

at which point it loses all the Static IP addresses which have being assigned to smart T.V'S etc and then gets confused and wont let anything log in anywhere at which point you have to do a factory reset and go thought the whole process once again,   .................... PLEASE PLEASE help , 

NOTE:- i did try to look for the netgear online chat hep or for a phone number but the support tab just takes you round in circles with out so much as a link or a phone number in sight. 

again please help 

cheers

Duncan 

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: how do i get my router to see my USB drive

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Have you set up ReadyShare within the router?

There is support for the D7000, including a manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> D7000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

@dunks1980 wrote:

when you unplug the USB drives the USB light stays on and doesnt go off the only way to turn this off is to turn the router off and then back on again. 

at which point it loses all the Static IP addresses which have being assigned to smart T.V'S etc and then gets confused and wont let anything log in anywhere at which point you have to do a factory reset and go thought the whole process once again,  

Sounds more serious. With a new box I would be tempted to return it for a replacement.

@dunks1980 wrote:

NOTE:- i did try to look for the netgear online chat hep or for a phone number but the support tab just takes you round in circles with out so much as a link or a phone number in sight. 

Have you registered it at MyNetgear? That's the way into the support system.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7