Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

how to contact Netgear support???

Whisky13
Tutor

how to contact Netgear support???

First of all please accept my apologies if i'm in the wrong forum. I've spent the last 30 minutes looking at the site to find where to post my question.

However my problem is regarding my Nighthawk D7800. I've contacted support and get the most stupid reply imaginable. Which reads as follows

Please call us within the next 24 hours with this case number. However no case number is supplied. the tele number is 0344 875 4000, but as this is  an automated system I cannot proceed to sort out a replacement/repair with out the case number.

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
Whisky13
Tutor

Re: how to contact Netgear support???

Problem solved eventually after several attempts at contacting Netgear they eventually sent me a case number

Message 2 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Check https://my.netgear.com -> My Support ...

Message 3 of 5
Whisky13
Tutor

Never have I come across a company like Netgear. Having eventually making contact regarding my faulty Unit I am being told that I will have to pay for technical support as my unit is over just over 90 days old. They will not give me an RMA number until I've discussed my unit problems with them.

To make the situation much worse is that due to an hearing problem telephones are almost out of the question for me and there is no email support.

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

You can explain why and how the product is broken and must be able to get an RMA number wotout paid support. That's why the direct cut to "Replace my defective product" is in place.

@Whisky13 wrote:

To make the situation much worse is that due to an hearing problem telephones are almost out of the question for me and there is no email support.

Depending on the local law and legislation, this might be not suficient, indeed.

Here the three steps on https://my.netgear.com/  - do not call any support numers or contacts you find on the net, most is Scam, only use this process:

Replace my defective device.PNG

Replace my defective product - select product.PNG

Replace my defective product - contact options offered.PNG

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7