Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

i have D6200 i need bandwith management my daughter using all my rural sat gigs i QoS no good

magician64
Follower

i have D6200 i need bandwith management my daughter using all my rural sat gigs i QoS no good

Hi team i have a D6200 and living in rural australia i only have sat internet supplying 40 gig per month. I need to limit my two daughters usage so they only get a set amoubt of gig (you know like hotel wifi does) QoS will not suffice as they can still chew thru it when the network is quiet. So i am looking for a way to do bandwith management with Genie or some such. Any help would be appreciated 

Message 1 of 2
Wiesshund
Aspirant

Re: i have D6200 i need bandwith management my daughter using all my rural sat gigs i QoS no goo

In the router setup under advanced > advanced setup  (http://192.168.0.1/adv_index.htm)

traffic meter will let you cut off the connection at a certain percent so as not to go over, but it cuts it off for everyone

Under security you might set up parental controls, and limit the amount of time she has web access

You could also use the block sites feature, and block the sites she is using to eat up all the data, and set it to block on a schedule

so it allows here a certain amount of time per day to access them.

Or you could ground her from internet period for a month, and see if she cant learn self responsibility?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7