Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: iPhone 4S cant remeber WNDR3700 network

ggp759
Aspirant

iPhone 4S cant remeber WNDR3700 network

Hi this is very weird and very frustrating. I have a WNDR3700 v1 with the V1.0.16.98-dnsNA firmware. Every time i need to insert the password for my iphone 4s because it does not remember it. Am talking about the 2.4Ghz network. I have it configured to auto channel,upto 130Mbps, with WPA2-PSK [AES] security. Can someone tell me whats wrong with this? The iphone is on 5.1 firmware not jailbroken. If anyone can help i would greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance
Message 1 of 15
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

reset the network on iPhone

setting >general>reset and chose reset network settings
Message 2 of 15
ggp759
Aspirant

I did that. The result is the same. Anything else i can do?
Message 3 of 15
ggp759
Aspirant

I did that. Same result. Anything else i can do? thanks
Message 4 of 15
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

power cycle the iPhone

try with hard reset on the router as well.
Message 5 of 15
Sherlock_Holmes
Aspirant

ggp759 wrote:
Hi this is very weird and very frustrating. I have a WNDR3700 v1 with the V1.0.16.98-dnsNA firmware. Every time i need to insert the password for my iphone 4s because it does not remember it. Am talking about the 2.4Ghz network. I have it configured to auto channel,upto 130Mbps, with WPA2-PSK [AES] security. Can someone tell me whats wrong with this? The iphone is on 5.1 firmware not jailbroken. If anyone can help i would greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance
I just bought my DGND3700 modem/Router and installed it 2 days ago and I have the same issues. I have 2 Iphone 4S's and an Iphone 3 and when we go out and come back they don't auto connect and we have to select network and enter password again. Never had an issue with previous Router. If anyone has any suggestions to fix this it would be a big help. The settings are the same on the Iphones and all correct. I am in Australia and have the 1.0.0.12 FW installed as the 1.0.0.17 FW doesn't seem to work in Australia with some Internet Providers.
Message 6 of 15

ggp759 wrote:

Try picking a channel rather than setting the router to auto-channel.

I have 2 iPhone 4Ss and 2 iPad 2s in my house, and they all remember my network without issues.

Use inSSIDer or similar WiFi sniffer and find the least-used 2.4 GHz channel of 1, 6, or 11, and stick with it.
Message 7 of 15
ggp759
Aspirant

I have tried everything you guys suggested and the problem is still there? Anything else to try?
Message 8 of 15
ggp759
Aspirant

anyone please?
Message 9 of 15
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

try manually add the wireless SSID instead of choosing the iPhone that find your SSID and see
Message 10 of 15
ggp759
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:
try manually add the wireless SSID instead of choosing the iPhone that find your SSID and see

Thanks very much that fixed it! Cant understand what the problem was! Thanks again
Message 11 of 15
MaxFlax
Novice

I have similar ongoing issues, and I have tried manually entering in the SSID but it didn't work for me.
Message 12 of 15
MaxFlax
Novice

Do you have Comcast?
Message 13 of 15

Make sure you have the router set to Enable SSID Broadcast on the Wireless Setting page.
Message 14 of 15
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

ggp759 wrote:
Thanks very much that fixed it! Cant understand what the problem was! Thanks again

Sounds good... 🙂
Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7