Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

iPhones and Nighthawk D7800 unreliable

allenpa
Aspirant

iPhones and Nighthawk D7800 unreliable

Nighthawk X4S D7800
sw: V1.0.1.56

Despite upgrading to latest sw version, all 3 iphones connect but then stop working after a period of time, and router needs to be rebooted to re-connect. My Andriod and Windows PC do NOT have appear to the same issue - is there a particular setting that needs to be adjusted to fix this, or can I get access to a more detailed log file on the router to troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: iPhones and Nighthawk D7800 unreliable

Are you using this with dsl or with a seperate modem? and if with a modem, which one?

Which firmware did you upgrade to?

have you tried changing wifi channels?

When they stop working, are they still showing as connected? Can you try disconnecting and reconnecting them? 

Message 2 of 8
allenpa
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick response - sw I upgraded to was V1.0.1.56, issue has been there since I purchased though.

When you say try changing the cahnnels - is there any recommendation for the iPhone to work reliably please? I know I have changed these in the past to get better coverage in the house.

I think that the iphones show connected, but unable to reach internet sites and/or sometimes just v v slow.

Many thanks,

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

Are you using this with dsl or with a seperate modem? and if with a modem, which one?

Message 4 of 8
allenpa
Aspirant

Sorry I forgot to confirm, used with DSL, so no, no modem!
Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

Is the issue happening on the 5ghz or the 2.4ghz band or both? Have you tested this?

Message 6 of 8
allenpa
Aspirant

Hi - yes it disconnects from either 5g or 2.4g 

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

Yours isn't the first iphone that's had wifi issues. If it was happening with the android/windows devices as well, i'd be looking at the router. 

If its just the iphones, I'd be looking at them a little. 

Does it reconnect if you disable wifi?

Does it work if you "forget the network" and then reconnect?

there's quite a few articles online about iphones with unstable wifi connections. I'd try some of them. Here's a couple for example.

https://www.payetteforward.com/why-does-my-iphone-keep-disconnecting-from-wifi-heres-the-truth/

https://appleinsider.com/articles/19/01/11/how-to-your-iphone-repeatedly-dropping-wi-fi-network-conn...

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7