Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: internet dropping out on d7000v2

emmmr
Guide

internet dropping out on d7000v2

I have just purchased a new Netgear D7000v2.  All set up and works fine with all devices.  

Problem is that internet connection drops out and unit has to be rebooted to get it going again.

What can I do to sort this out

Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
emmmr
Guide

After contacting Netgear for support I was advised to change 2.4 chanel from auto to C6 and 5.0 to a high chanel. This has been done and since then the router has not dropped out.

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 15

All Replies
w3wilkes
Prodigy

What version firmware are you running? Most recent and all prior versions can be found here

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/D7000v2.aspx#Firmware%20Version%201.0.0.56

Message 2 of 15
emmmr
Guide

Thanks for response.  On installation the firmware was updated to 'latest' version.  I will dig out the file on it when I get back home and respond again tomorrow.

Message 3 of 15

@emmmr wrote:

Thanks for response.  On installation the firmware was updated to 'latest' version.  I will dig out the file on it when I get back home and respond again tomorrow.

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

Message 4 of 15
emmmr
Guide

Thanks for your comment.  I will factory reset and see if this stops the loss of internet.

Interestingly, the wifi drops off once every night. Reboot in the morning enables normal service all through the day. While asleep it drops off at some and again reboot in the morning.

Message 5 of 15

@emmmr wrote:

Interestingly, the wifi drops off once every night. Reboot in the morning enables normal service all through the day.

Does that mean that it is the wifi that dies and not the Internet?

Message 6 of 15
emmmr
Guide

Good question.  Will be testing for that by leaving a laptop plugged in to router and when all devices via wifi do not work will check laptop to see if internet is working via cable.  Will advise outcome.

Message 7 of 15

@emmmr wrote:

Good question.  Will be testing for that by leaving a laptop plugged in to router and when all devices via wifi do not work will check laptop to see if internet is working via cable.  Will advise outcome.

The LEDs will indicate what is going on. Compare the internet LED and the wifi LED.

Message 8 of 15
emmmr
Guide

Thanks for response.

Will check and make a note next time I loose connection.

Message 9 of 15
emmmr
Guide

The firmware update when router first switched on was updated to : 1.0.0.56_1.0.1

The router was not rebooted after firmware completed.

Message 10 of 15
emmmr
Guide

Should have said that a factory reset was not done after firmware update

Message 11 of 15

@emmmr wrote:

The router was not rebooted after firmware completed.

The device reboots itself as a part of the firmware update.

Message 12 of 15
emmmr
Guide

Latest update :

Router has been fine over a couple of days, no drop out.

This morning I found it had dropped out overnight.  My laptop was conected by ethernet cable - no internet on lap top. All wifi devices off internet.  All lights on as usual on router but no internet connection.

Rebooted router and all now working fine.

What's going on ??

Message 13 of 15
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @emmmr, as previously suggested above, we also recommend resetting the device to factory defaults after the firmware update. Let us know if the issue will persist after the reset.

Dexter

Message 14 of 15
emmmr
Guide

After contacting Netgear for support I was advised to change 2.4 chanel from auto to C6 and 5.0 to a high chanel. This has been done and since then the router has not dropped out.

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7