Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

looking for Netgear modem/router recommendations for Windstream ADSL2+

BobV_in_FL
Aspirant

looking for Netgear modem/router recommendations for Windstream ADSL2+

Does anyone have Windstream/Kinetic as an ISP and using a NetGear Modem/Router? I’m looking for NetGear options and know others on here have went thru a lot of lesions learned when selecting the right NetGear product.

In my case, the DSL connection is a copper/2wire ADSL2+ and NOT GBond connected to a Windstream provided Sagemcom 4300 ADSL modem (P#:060R-D148-A27) connected to a Belkin Wireless G Plus MiMo Mod:F5D9230-4.

I don’t have ethernet or direct connections to either the modem or router (except modem to router cable).

I use only WiFi connections for all connected devices like cell phones, tablets, laptops and printer.

Anyone have a recommendation on which NetGear modem/router would be a good fit?

Message 1 of 5

Re: looking for Netgear modem/router recommendations for Windstream ADSL2+

Doesn't the ISP have a list of compatible devices?

Heaven only knows that this bit means:

@BobV_in_FL wrote:

I’m looking for NetGear options and know others on here have went thru a lot of lesions learned when selecting the right NetGear product.

Are you saying that people had problems picking Netgear hardware? If so, what problems?

I also don't know what you are trying to do. You already have one modem.

@BobV_in_FL wrote:

In my case, the DSL connection is a copper/2wire ADSL2+ and NOT GBond connected to a Windstream provided Sagemcom 4300 ADSL modem (P#:060R-D148-A27) connected to a Belkin Wireless G Plus MiMo Mod:F5D9230-4.

Are you looking to replace this? Or do you want a modem to sit in front of a router?

Message 2 of 5
BobV_in_FL
Aspirant

I'm looking to replace my curent setup. 

Message 3 of 5
BobV_in_FL
Aspirant

my current ISP is trying to rent equipment. so they are not vary forthcomming in offering compatible devices.

Message 4 of 5

@BobV_in_FL wrote:

I'm looking to replace my curent setup. 

Makes sense. But what are you trying to fix with the new stuff? What is wrong with the current kit that makes you tear out your hair?

I ask because there is a baffling choice on offer. If you are happy with your wifi, then it might be a good idea to buy a basic DSL modem without any router stuff. Then your existing router can continue to do wifi.

If it is the wifi you want to beef up, then you could stick with the modem and buy a new router.

In general experienced users like to keep modem and router apart. This gives a better choice of routers and features and means that if you ever change Internet technology you can just replace the modem bit.

Unfortunately, for some unknown reason the prices of DSL modems in the USA have gone wild in recent years.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7