Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

netgear d6220 need to connect back to router mode not modem only mode( for new house)

clearo
Aspirant

netgear d6220 need to connect back to router mode not modem only mode( for new house)

i originally switched this to modem only mode ( in devices in advanced settings ) per needs but now need to switch it back but i cant login to router any more? help

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 7
clearo
Aspirant

Re: netgear d6220 need to connect back to router mode not modem only mode( for new house)

Message 2 of 7

Re: netgear d6220 need to connect back to router mode not modem only mode( for new house)

The easiest thing to do is a factory reset:

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 3 of 7
clearo
Aspirant

Thanks for replying - but i was hoping to not reset as i have all my settings /wifi names etc in place with whole family,...

will if i have to

Message 4 of 7
antinode
Guru

> [...] but i was hoping to not reset as i have all my settings /wifi
> names etc in place with whole family,...

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look
for Documentation.  Get the User Manual.  Read.  Look for "Manage the
Configuration File of the Modem Router".

The DM200 has a special address where it responds when in modem-only
mode, "192.168.5.1".  But, so far as I know, none of the Dxxxx
modem+router models has such a feature.

Message 5 of 7

@clearo wrote:

... i was hoping to not reset as i have all my settings /wifi names etc in place with whole family,...

will if i have to

In modem only mode, those settings won't apply. For a start there won't be any wifi from it. As the manual says in that mode the D6220 has "the routing, firewall, WiFi, and traffic meter features disabled".

Those settings will be related to whatever router you were using behind the D6220 and you won't be able to transfer them automatically back into the modem/router.

The only settings in modem-only mode are those related to your connection to the ISP.

Message 6 of 7
antinode
Guru

> In modem only mode, those settings won't apply. [...]

Of course, but I would not expect the D6220 to forget them, either.

I can imagine a case where the user made the mode change in error,
and wished to return the modem+router to modem+router mode, with its
original (unforgotten) settings.  Sadly, without access to the
management web site, it's not clear how to accomplish that.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7