Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: opening NAT on NETGEAR DGN2200 v4

fpivetti
Aspirant

opening NAT on NETGEAR DGN2200 v4

I'm using a DGN 2200v4 N300 connected with Playstation 4 and I have problem since NAT is rescricted.

My ISP is EOLO. I tried with UPNP, then with DMZ, then port forwarding (from Acrivision web site) and all the other suggestions possible to find on Netgear website support and other on any kind of forum on line without success.

Please help me since I do not understand what i shoul do more. I just would like to understand what is the problem, is it the ISP? Is it the router? Any help ? Thanks and have a great day.

Fabio

Message 1 of 7
William10a
Master

What the problem with the NAT (Network Address Translator) it is there to hide the private network addresses from the world by translating them in a public address.

Why do  you need to open it up the world ?

Having Internet or other problems with the network or router ?

Message 2 of 7
fpivetti
Aspirant

Dear William,

thanks for your considerations.

With resctriced NAT I can't play online. It is requested for online gaming.

Message 3 of 7
William10a
Master

This may help log in to the modem go to advanced>setup>wan filtering and set for open. There is a guide on page 36 here is the link  http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/DGN2200V4/DGN2200v4_UM_29Oct2015.pdf.

I hope this  helps.

Message 4 of 7
fpivetti
Aspirant

Thanks William. I tried already also this option but without success. I was thinking if any other persons with similar problems and in case to know their experience. Thanks for your help

Message 5 of 7
William10a
Master

Could the firewall be your problem I know two firewalls will stop your internet access and one of the pages I search the learn more about this modem said it had a double firewall is this true may be thats why the game system is blocked?

Message 6 of 7
fpivetti
Aspirant

Dear All, today I was able to speak with the ISP and they solves the problem. It was not a problem of the router and it's configuration but a configuration of the service provider. It may help for others. Thanks and have a great day everybody.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7