Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: router not responding after updating firmware

greg0750
Aspirant

router not responding after updating firmware

Hi

My router D7800 is not responding after updating the latest firmware and suffering a power cut midway way through the process. All i get now is a amber power light. Tried a factory reset but no joy. Anyway of fixing this or is it terminal ?

Greg

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5

@greg0750 wrote:
...suffering a power cut midway way through the process. All i get now is a amber power light.

A power cut mid flash is seriously bad news. You may have to deploy some tricky moves:

How to resolve amber LEDs or a blinking power LED on NETGEAR routers

Message 2 of 5
greg0750
Aspirant

Hi Michael

Still having problems. Tried the ping test, ok. When reinstalling the firmware using the tftp2.exe file it starts off but when the blue bar gets to about 60% stops and restarts. Is it worth trying a older firmware ?

Greg

Message 3 of 5

You have nothing to lose. The old ones are in the support area for your device.

At least you seem to have got the hang of what looks to me like a complicated process. You may even become confident enough to try the new firmware after you get the old one to work.

You are doing this with a wired connection? Was the first flash done wired? Wireless updates bring added risks.

Message 4 of 5
greg0750
Aspirant

Hi Michael

Yes everything done with a wired connection. Have now tried to install all available firmware updates, still no joy. Starts upgrading flash, gets to about 60% then restarts. Not looking good is it. Anything use i can try apart from buying a new router lol, only had this one just over a year.

Greg

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7