Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

strange behaviour with Internet/email access thru D6300 AC1600

Keithm2576
Aspirant

strange behaviour with Internet/email access thru D6300 AC1600

NOTE: When creating this post the "Model" Box would not let me select my model of modem, it was not an option so I selected one at random! My actual modem is the AC1600.

I hope someone can help with this problem.

Modem works fine, Internet access is fine.

My hosting service migrated my email to new servers yesterday now I am having strange problems with accessing email.

I can access email fine on my phone via 4G.

Cannot access email from any device on my network, either webmail or outlook or macmail.

If my phone is on the network it can't access email either.

I can ping the email servers and my domain OK from any device

DNS resolves addresses OK

As multiple devices on the network are having trouble then it is network and/or router related

I am thinking of a factory reset on the modem as a last resort.

This has only been a problem since the email server migration.

Outlook is saying the connection to the server was interrupted

Outlook can't setup IMAP account automatically.

When I try manually it says the server does not support the encryption type (the one supplied by the host service).

My mate says it works OK on hisnetwork.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Keithm2576
Aspirant

Re: strange behaviour with Internet/email access thru D6300 AC1600

Ahhhh, would you believe it? After hours of troublehshooting and a factory reset of router I managed to contact my hosting service directly (I usually go through the reseller) and they said that my IP had been blocked due to numerous failed attempts to logon to my CPanel! I had been experiencing a problem with the CPanel password and had put that aside whilst I sorted out the email problem! Damn, who would have guessed they were linked?

Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Check for FW updates and or try Factory default reset

Message 2 of 3
Keithm2576
Aspirant

Ahhhh, would you believe it? After hours of troublehshooting and a factory reset of router I managed to contact my hosting service directly (I usually go through the reseller) and they said that my IP had been blocked due to numerous failed attempts to logon to my CPanel! I had been experiencing a problem with the CPanel password and had put that aside whilst I sorted out the email problem! Damn, who would have guessed they were linked?

Thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7